The QMUL Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Data-Centric Engineering, forms part of the UK Research and Innovation’s (UKRI) Doctoral Mobility Pilot, which aims to increase mobility across the industry and academic sectors and enhance research skills of individuals from industry and other non-academic backgrounds.
The CDT will increase the number of scientists and engineers with data science and engineering research skills in the UK economy and widen access routes and increase the diversity of our doctoral scholars.
Our doctoral scholars will be trained to work seamlessly across academic and industrial sectors, and qualify with professional doctorates.
- Expand doctoral research skills in the UK;
- Address barriers to doctoral training;
- Diversify talent – make research inclusive;
- Increase industry investment in research
- Build a world-class cohort of high-tech entrepreneurs and technology leaders