Are you looking to advance your personnel- and/or finance-related administrative career in Higher Education?
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is looking to expand their Research & Finance team with the support of an Administrative Assistant. This role will be customer facing and will include aspects of financial administration relating to research projects, and involvement in staff coordination processes.
The Department sits within the Faculty of Engineering and employs around 230 members of staff, in addition to our student cohort of approx. 600 UG students, 170 PhD student and 40 Masters students.
The Research and Finance team sits at the heart of the Department’s research activity providing vital administrative support to our world leading research and liaising with crucial central College support teams to ensure the effective management of Department’s processes.
We reserve the right to close the advert prior to the closing date stated should we received a high number of applications. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Duties and responsibilities
This role has two main remits:
- To support the Human Resources related administration within the Department including recruitments, contract changes, and internal staff-related processes.
- To support the Department’s financial administration processes, including raising payments and supporting the casual worker processes.
The role will include responsibility for monitoring inboxes (responding to queries as necessary) and maintaining files, whilst adhering to data protection regulations at all time.
- You should be educated to A-level standard or equivalent.
- You must have experience in administration, including in a financial environment.
- You will be able to provide information to customers in a professional manner.
- The ability to manage your own priorities and work to deadlines is essential.
To apply, please click “APPLY NOW” to go through to the online application form.
- Salary £30273 - £33180
- Salary Per annum