Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences
Location: White City Campus
Salary: £30,273 – £30,956 per annum
The Department of Chemistry is looking for a highly motivated individual to join a small administrative team aimed at providing key support services for the departments’ academic community.
This individual will be the first point of contact for a number of tasks, and it is therefore imperative that you must be keen, confident and willing to help. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are imperative as is the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
The department is looking for a proactive, conscientious individual, who can independently organise their workload and work to deadlines set.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to staff in the Chemistry Department and operational support to visitors in the department
- Liaising with the Conference and Events team and external venues, as well as using the College database (Celcat Live) to organise events, conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings (incl. catering and audio-visual equipment set up)
- Booking accommodation for visitors via the imperial College Reservations Team
- Taking Minutes for a number of key departmental meetings
- Editing and updating relevant departmental web pages
- Updating display screens as required
- Running of departmental reports as required and saving, uploading to a central location, including HR reports, financial reports
- Booking travel as required in liaison with academics for the departmental of Chemistry using Egencia etc
- Proving administrative assistant to Chemistry HoD, including meeting arrangements, diary organisation and other ad hoc tasks.
- To produce letters and prepare supporting documentation for staff
- Using software such as Oracle based Imperial College Information Systems (ICIS)
- Running reports on other college software including BIEE, and Discoverer
- Raising and processing purchase orders (PO) and Virtual credit Card Payments (VCC)
- Maintain the timesheet spreadsheet for the department, including regular updating and chasing of timesheet paperwork
- Proven experience in similar role, particularly in a HEI
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer services
- Evident of excellent organisational skills and ability to make last minute changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with working with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint
This is a full-time, fixed term maternity cover, until 31 January 2023. You will be based at White City Campus.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Angie Cass – firstname.lastname@example.org
**This role can also be offered as a secondment opportunity for internal members of staff so please get in touch with any questions.**
Please note this is a re-advertisement; previous applicants need not apply.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion
Closing date: 14/10/2021