Imperial College Business School is seeking qualified applicants for faculty positions in its Department of Economics & Public Policy at the rank of Assistant, Associate and Full Professor in Economics with a track record in the economics of health or health care or affine research areas.
Duties and responsibilities
Please see a full list of duties and responsibilities in the attached Further Particulars.
- To develop a broad range of research within department.
- To direct, lead, or contribute to, a research area at the highest scientifically rigorous levels.
- To supervise, train and mentor research staff and students at the highest scientifically rigorous levels.
- To obtain funds and research grants and to encourage and guide junior research staff to do the same.
- To engage and contribute to research centres.
- To manage research projects.
Teaching & Training
- To teach and examine courses at all levels – undergraduate, masters and higher research degrees – through lectures, seminars, tutorials, course work and personal supervision.
- To plan and review own approach to teaching.
- To act as a coach and role model through excellent practice and mentoring of colleagues.
- To supervise PhD candidates.
Strategy & Business Planning
- To participate in the business planning and objective setting process for the academic team and the departments
- To make a significant contribution to building and establishing links between the appropriate departments and colleagues in other parts of the Business School and wider College.
- To play an active part in the strategic planning of financial, staff and research resources.
- To represent the Department, the Business School and College at external meetings, as appropriate.
As with most business schools, most of the department’s teaching focuses on applied economics, management and analytics modules. The ideal candidate would be experienced in teaching in areas relevant to health and keen on contributing to our teaching portfolio in health. The position requires a strong record of research commensurate with seniority and demonstrated excellence in teaching and service. The appointed candidate will also be expected to proactively engage with research centres focusing on health-related research, and to proactively engage in research grant applications.
Applicants for positions of Assistant Professors should have the potential to publish innovative, rigorous, and relevant contributions in top academic journals. Candidates for an Associate or Full Professor position should demonstrate considerable excellence in research.
The initial interviews will be conducted virtually in December.
Those interested in Assistant Level should apply through https://econjobmarket.org/ and will need to include a cover letter, CV, job market paper, any additional papers (if applicable), research statement, teaching statement and evidence of teaching scores (where applicable), along with 3-4 references. In addition, candidates MUST also submit an Imperial College application form via https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/ and search job reference BUS00654
Those interested in Associate and Full Professor Level should apply through the Imperial College portal only and submit an application form, CV and 3 research papers as well as cover letter, research statement, teaching statement and evidence of teaching scores (where applicable) [https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/ and search job reference BUS00654
For information about the role and the department please contact Professor Marisa Miraldo () or the Head of Department Professor Richard Green ().