The Associate Director AI Scientist is responsible for defining and leading projects that apply sophisticated quantitative expertise in advanced mathematical disciplines to develop innovative data science solutions that generate business and scientific insights. The role will oversee the development and delivery of solutions that leverage foundational and cutting-edge techniques to manipulate and process structured and unstructured data, in combination with business domain knowledge, to develop and apply advanced modelling algorithms (e.g. classification, regression, clustering, NLP, image analysis, graph theory and more), they create, maintain and/or improve advanced mathematical and AI models for ongoing and ad hoc review and analysis. The role will be responsible for influencing a range of internal stakeholders and manage external collaborations and vendors to deliver effective solutions.
Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology and Quantitative Pharmacology (CPQP) in Vaccines and Immune Therapies, Neuroscience & Clinical Immunogenicity
Cambridge UK, Gaithersburg US
Salary & Benefits
Bring out the best in each other, and yourself, by working together as one
In our dynamic environment, be supported by the brightest minds working together side by side. Agile and collaborative, we work cross-functionally, as well as externally, to thrive at pace.
Join the team unlocking the power of what science can do. We are working towards treating, preventing, modifying and even curing some of the world’s most complex diseases. Here we have the potential to grow our pipeline and positively impact the lives of billions of patients around the world.
What you’ll do
- Accountable for expert data integration, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of clinical pharmacology results at the study level to support the project (project team/governance)
- Jointly accountable with the Pharmacometrician for providing a scientific justification for the dose selection/justification
- Jointly accountable with the bioanalytical lead for selecting appropriate analytical large PK, biomarker and ADA assays
- Participation in and accountability for peer review of ongoing activities, reports and presentations
- Contribute to regulatory documents and interactions (written and oral)
- Presentation of Clin Pharm results to internal and external forums
- Contribute to internal initiatives to develop the clinical pharmacology field including its processes
- Compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) regulations as well as internal/external guidance’s
- Strong computational skills in combination with an understanding of biology. Good oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of PK and PD concepts
- PhD degree in computational biology, bioengineering or any other related field
- Knowledge in pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, drug targets and core disease areas
- M&S expertise with experience using relevant software and tools within the field of MIDD (e.g. SIMCYP, R, NONMEM, Monolix)
- Bioanalytical experience and Biomarker strategy experience
- Translational science experience
- International scientific reputation gained from scientific publishing in the field of M&S
Build a long-term career by unlocking opportunities for lifelong learning
So, what’s next?
Complete your application before the below closing date.
This role is open from 23/02/2022 and welcome with your application no later than 22/04/2022
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en