Pioneer a new future to meet global healthcare challenges
We are committed to leading in sustainability. Backed by a belief in the connection between the health of our business, people and the planet. Be part of shaping a better future for all, supporting healthy communities by addressing the global societal and economic burden of disease. Help to limit our environmental impact by supporting our ambitious sustainability goals. From reducing our operational carbon footprint and waste generation, to driving efficient energy and water usage. And we do it all with ethics and transparency – doing the right thing in all our operations and interactions.
Who we are
A high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society and our company.
What we do
We are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
As an expert, responsible for delivery of CPSS aspects of drug projects. Monitors that drug projects fall within agreed time, budget and quality. Ensures that the project team adopts the required tools and processes. Manages and coaches a team of junior project managers. Recognised expert within own field and often first point of contact for specialist queries. Initiates and drives continuous improvement initiatives as well as leading non-drug projects.
- As a lead functional project manager, typically supports complex or high-impact projects
- Responsible for CPSS planning related to research and development projects and inputs to cross-functional planning
- Responsible for delivery of CPSS project aspects to agreed time, quality budget, project standards, company quality standards, taking into consideration the wider project landscape and AstraZeneca’s strategy
- Establishes and maintains a positive project environment by providing effective leadership.
- Develops and maintains process and technology required to effectively manage a portfolio of projects.
- Acts as an expert source of knowledge in area of expertise; defining, implementing and communicating project management strategy.
- Proactively drives development and implementation of new project management strategies through use of new or current systems and resources.
- Keeps own knowledge of best practices and new relevant developments up to date.
- Leads and implements globally agreed Scientific Project Management strategies including process and technology related to the function.
- Manage individual and team performance, budget, resources and talent development
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science
- Significant experience in bioanalytics
- Significant experience in scientific project management and local regulations and developments
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
- Advanced degree within field and/or professional certification
- Business Strategy and Portfolio operational experience
- Team management experience
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 2nd November 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 17th November 2021
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites:
- Salary £30000 - £31000
- Salary Per annum