Pioneer a new future to meet global healthcare challenges
We are committed to leading in sustainability. Backed by a belief in the connection between the health of our business, people and the planet. Be part of shaping a better future for all, supporting healthy communities by addressing the global societal and economic burden of disease. Help to limit our environmental impact by supporting our ambitious sustainability goals. From reducing our operational carbon footprint and waste generation, to driving efficient energy and water usage. And we do it all with ethics and transparency – doing the right thing in all our operations and interactions.
Who we are
A high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society and our company.
What we do
We are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
Associate Director, Business Planning & Operations, CPQP will report into the Director, BPO, Clinical Pharmacology and Quantitative Pharmacology (CPQP), and functionally will provide support on planning, directing and overseeing a wide range of analysis. As an expert, develops and monitors a range of portfolios, capacity management and projects while providing support to the Director and working alongside BPO department. Responsible for supporting the CPQP BPO in producing high quality input into business systems and helping to run the CPQP business through in depth data analytics.
· Supporting capacity management for the entire CPQP portfolio of projects, including:
· Ensure Capaciter, Workday, Assigner etc. are accurate. Monitor departmental vacancies acrossskill types and the phasing of filling of these so that budget estimates can be made.
o Monitor departmental information and compliance with the MyTime, timecard system.
o Track contract end dates for contract staff to ensure that contracts are renewed where appropriate and that access to AZ systems for contract employees is maintained.
o Facilitate regular resource discussions to develop and agree plans to address priority resource
shortfalls by reallocation of current staff, or through hiring of contractor workers, or permanent staff.
o Track scorecard metrics
· Work with the director to manage the capacity process balancing across TAs, sites and skill type, ensuring business metrics are built into the CPQP decision making process and delivery is in alignment with the AZ prioritization framework.
· Support the space planning and tracking (lab/office) across sites.
· Align and communicate support for projects across the CPQP portfolio
· Deliver strategic reports of capacity utilisation on a regular timeframe and to provide ad hoc reports and analysis that underpin the business strategy/operations
· Manage the interaction with the wider CPSS capacity planning organisation and the wider R&D business
· Provide analysis and insight based on business performance information and benchmarking, including working with Finance business partner to provide high quality forecasting of FTE as well as inputs into the annual and quarterly forecasting cycles.
Essential qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, with focus in Business, Finance, Data Analytics or related field of study and relevant work experience.
· Additional qualifications include excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills, along with problem-solving ability and attention to detail.
· Some experience from within the pharmaceutical industry with a general understanding of pharmaceutical drug development and commercialization.
· Experience in strategy and portfolio management
· Professional certification
· Business Strategy and Portfolio operational experience
· Project management experience
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 1st October 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 15th October 2021
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites:
- Salary £30000 - £31000
- Salary Per annum