Pioneer a new future to meet global healthcare challenges
We are committed to leading in sustainability. Backed by a belief in the connection between the health of our business, people and the planet. Be part of shaping a better future for all, supporting healthy communities by addressing the global societal and economic burden of disease. Help to limit our environmental impact by supporting our ambitious sustainability goals. From reducing our operational carbon footprint and waste generation, to driving efficient energy and water usage. And we do it all with ethics and transparency – doing the right thing in all our operations and interactions.
Who we are
A high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society and our company.
What we do
We are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
The (Asso.) Director, Business Planning & Operations, will report into the Global Head, Business Planning & Operations and functionally will be operational and strategic lead for various CPSS departments. This role will be a member of the BPO Leadership Team and support the operational requirements of this function whilst working very closely with the departmental BPO Directors to ensure alignment across CPSS.
· Strategic and operational business partner to Head of Business Planning and Operations, Head of Pathology, Head of Imaging & Data Analytics and Chief Veterinary Officer
· Coordinates CPSS scorecard development, monitoring, metrics and reporting ensuring alignment with the BioPharma scorecard. Partners with the CPSS leadership team to develop the business plan and scorecard goals. Tracks delivery, produces performance updates and reports on / communicates the scorecard.
· Leads key change management / operations improvement initiatives including planning and implementation, with some direction from senior personnel. This is likely to include working with cross functional colleagues across CPSS, TA aligned and other R&D departments
· Works with the departmental BPO (Asso.) Directors to roll up key CPSS data and ensure the data is fit for purpose and available as required
· Liaises with the Heads of relevant departments to manage and oversee the business performance of the department including department scorecard development, quarterly reviews, metrics, reporting and budget tracking
· Together with the Heads of relevant departments, coordinates delivery of key departmental communication priorities, including all-staff department meetings and assists in developing communication materials for the departmental communications strategy
· Participates and coordinates with the wider CPSS Planning and Operations teams, Finance Business Partner, and Business Analysts to support the delivery of mid-range, long range, and quarterly planning cycles (MRP/LTP/RBU’s)
· Develops and builds or acts a specialist expert in implementing new strategies and communicating new visions
· Ensures efficient and effective leadership and management of project information, quality of data and projection, and integrity of information supplied, to include FTE data, vacancy data, dept data for Business Planning and Operations and Compliance.
· Leads Great Place to Work and Pulse initiatives for CPSS.
Essential qualifications and experience:
· Degree in Life Sciences or Business. MBA preferred
· Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
· Understanding of R&D processes
· Stakeholder management in the matrix organisation
· Influencing and interpersonal skills
· Leadership and problem-solving skills
· Communication skills
· Experience of project management relevant to pharmaceuticals.
· Project management qualification
· Comfortable with financial and scientific/technical information
· Professional certification
· Business Strategy and Portfolio operational experience
· Project management experience
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 1st October 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 15th October 2021
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites:
- Salary £30000 - £31000
- Salary Per annum