Bold Disruptors. Push the boundaries of science Fearlessly break new ground
Work at the cutting-edge, where scientific innovations and an entrepreneurial spirit are the norm!
And in return… we’re looking for curious minds, comfortable taking smart risks and learning from failures.
What we do
We are reshaping our organisation to thrive in a complex and ever-changing world. Evolving to become a learning organisation – ready and equipped to embrace the challenges and seize the opportunities that lie ahead.
Why we love it
You will be valued. Not only for your unique contribution, skills and background, but because we recognise people are our greatest asset. Here we are dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
What You’ll do
As the Team Leader of the UK GxP Lab testing lab within the Clinical Pharmacology and Quantitative Pharmacology Department, you will be responsible for GxP bioanalysis in support of the AstraZeneca pipeline across all Therapeutic Areas working from our Cambridge UK location. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in GxP compliance for regulated bioanalysis, leading teams and driving bioanalytical innovation. They will have an immediate and lasting impact to our pipeline supporting all Therapeutic Areas and implementing PK, ADA and PD strategy, validation, and sample testing.
What you’ll do
The Associate Director UK GxP Team Leader will be responsible for the day to day operation of the UK GLP and GCP for labs certified facility and act as Test Facility and Test Site Management, and be a member of the site GxP Management Team. His/her responsibilities will include the on-going GxP compliance and ensuring the scientific and regulatory quality of method development, assay validation and sample testing for PK, PD and immunogenicity assays to ensure timely data delivery to support nonclinical and clinical studies of non-small molecule drugs. The Associate Director will act as the Bioanalytical Lead at project teams, driving and implementing bioanalytical strategy and provide internal support for the preparation of regulatory documents for the molecules and studies which they, or their team, oversees. They will ensure successful transfer of developed and validated methods to CROs working closely with the Outsourcing Team. As a Subject Matter Expert, they will enhance the iBA reputation for scientific excellence by presenting at internal and external meetings and publishing manuscripts.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in leading and mentoring regulatory bioanalytical teams within GxP compliant facilities for the delivery of biotherapeutic bioanalytical data. They will be experienced in participating in regulatory inspections from Health Authorities such as the MHRA, and previously acted as Test Facility and Test Site Management. He/She will have demonstrable experience in multiple technology platforms, such as ELISA, MSD, fluorescence/luminescence plate readers, AlphaLISA, Quanterix, Gyrolab, PCR and LC/MS. Additionally, they will be experienced in the bioanalysis of new and novel drug modalities such as cell and gene therapies, vaccines, modRNA, peptides, antibody-drug conjugates, antisense oligonucleotides as well as established modalities such as antibody biotherapeutics.
This position will report to the Head of Bioanalysis Outsourcing and UK GxP Lab. The successful candidate will lead a team and work closely with all laboratory groups within Integrated Bioanalysis to ensure proper oversight, bioanalytical strategy, regulatory compliance, platform strategy, and delivery of our biologics pipeline. They will also interact with key partners and Quality Assurance.
- PhD preferred with extensive experience.
Essential for the role:
- Demonstrable management/leadership experience of a GxP bioanalytical team in the biopharmaceutical sector
- Ability to develop, coach and mentor scientific staff
- Proven experience as a Study Director and/or Principal Investigator for regulated studies and phases
- Acted as Test Facility and Test Site Management within a GxP compliant Facility with a deep understanding of GLP regulations, GxP documentation and regulatory guidance coupled with a quality, systems and process improvement approach
- Experienced in GxP inspections by Health Authorities such as MHRA, EMA or FDA
- Subject Matter Specialist in the development and validation of immunochemical and cell-based assays to regulatory standards for a variety of biotherapeutic molecules including new modality molecules as well as monoclonal antibody drugs
- Excellent track record in PK, biomarker and immunogenicity testing in clinical trial settings
- Interpretation of integrated and complicated datasets such as PK, PD and immunogenicity data
- Contributed to regulatory submission documentation such as INDs, CTAs, IBs and/or NDAs/BLAs and experience in regulatory authority responses
- Background in biology, molecular biology and/or cell biology for the development of therapeutic biologics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and/or tasks concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, word processing, and graphical computer programs (e.g. Excel, Word, GraphPad Prism, etc.)
- Background in Pharmaceutical and Clinical Trial Research
- Proven publication and presentation record
Desirable for the role:
- Experienced in Automation platforms
- Expertise in the bioanalysis of biotherapeutics on LC/MS platforms
- Proven experience of external vendor and/or sponsor oversight
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the requirements for the Integrated Summary of Immunogenicity and Risk Management Plans
- Supported late stage clinical programs
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 12th March 2021 and we welcome your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 29th April 2021
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites: