Locations: Cambridge UK, Gothenburg Sweden
Competitive salary and benefits
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve.
What we do
Ultimately, our aim is to work towards a cure for some of the world’s most complex diseases. Whether that’s by shaping the patient ecosystem and focusing on outcomes, or by progressing potential medicines and accelerating their launch.
How we do it
The shared creativity through both internal and external collaboration unlocks challenges and brings new solutions.
Why we love it
You will be valued. Not only for your unique contribution, skills and background, but because we recognise people are our greatest asset. Here we are dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
What we need
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior scientist / Associate Principal Scientist to join the integrated bioanalysis organisation. The position will take a lead role in the lab designing bioanalysis method strategies and interpreting data generated in support of new modality projects that will advance our drug pipeline. The position also requires working as the group representative in multidiscipline drug discovery teams.
The position is in our Discovery Bioanalysis Europe team which is part of the Clinical Pharmacology and safety sciences function and is responsible for the analysis of nucleotide, protein, monoclonal antibody and gene and cell therapeutics and non-clinical safety biomarkers in biological and invitro samples generated in support of non GLP pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and investigational safety studies. We have a diverse array of scientists working across many technologies to ensure delivery of critical assays and data analysis that drive go/no go decisions and ensure the right combination of medicines get to the right patient, in the right dose, at the right time
What you’ll do
- Using a range of innovative analytical methodologies, this position will work to develop novel methods for the pharmacokinetic measurement of therapeutic gene editing, protein and nucleotide therapeutics.
- Your principle responsibility will be in the lab, designing, developing, and interpreting assays to support discovery drug program transition through to lead candidate selection.
- You will be expected to represent the department on multidiscipline drug discovery teams spanning a number of different therapeutic modalities, thus ability to utilise a range of technologies in the lab will be essential such as PCR, ligand binding, branched-DNA and hybridisation ELISA.
- You will report into a head of Discovery Bioanalysis EU and be expected to take a lead role in pushing the boundaries of what is possible for new modality therapeutics bioanalyses.
Essential for the role
- A strong background in a biological or chemical related discipline with extensive experience of developing methods for the quantitative measurement of biotherapeutics such as therapeutic gene editing, nucleotides and proteins.
- A high level of independence and with an ability to develop hypotheses and execute analysis plans for pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and biomarker data.
- Attention to detail, good communication, and collaboration skills. Outstanding record keeping skills are critical for success.
- An ability to think and act creatively- independently, and within collaborations.
Desirable for the role
- Experience with advanced data analysis tools for analyzing and visualizing biomarker data.
- Pharmacokinetic / toxicokinetic non compartmental analysis skills.
- Operational experience with HPLC-MS/MS for measurement of proteins and nucleotides.
- A proven track record of publication in gene editing, nucleotide and / or large molecule bioanalysis field. Innovative and influential leader, capable of developing strategic approaches to analytical challenges
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
The posting will open on 6th April and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 21st April 2021
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites: