Student Experience is at the core of our mission in achieving the pinnacle of educational and pastoral practice.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is looking to hire an individual within the Teaching Fellow grade to manage and lead the teaching of our Undergraduate cohort in conjunction with the Senior Tutor and Director of Undergraduate Studies. We seek either a Manager (Senior Teaching Fellow) or Director (Principal Teaching Fellow) of Student Experience; the appointment level will depend on the experience of the candidate.
- Student Experience Manager – £54,852 to £64,961 per annum
- Director of Student Experience – £62,271 to £67,767 per annum
About the position
This role is essential to providing positive initiatives for the engagement of our students and staff in taught courses and will work closely with students to understand their educational and pastoral needs, providing innovative solutions to challenges that arise.
A member of the Department Management Committee, the postholder will be instrumental in strategic decision making on student matters, whilst also contributing to the overall College’s educational mission. Through work with the Senior Tutor and Student Wellbeing Advisor, the postholder will monitor wellbeing and pastoral care of our undergraduate population, whilst also leading as the student contact on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion matters.
The Department currently hosts around 600 Undergraduate students on our four-year, fully accredited, Mechanical Engineering programme and 40 postgraduate taught students on a one-year Master’s degree. We currently teach via a multi-mode delivery, enhanced by recent changes and Government guidelines. This role will also manage the delivery of teaching through our Teaching Fellows and Academic staff.
Duties and responsibilities
In both roles you will be required to:
- engage with Teaching and Learning activities
- be key in providing pastoral care to our student cohorts in conjunction with the Senior Tutor and Student Wellbeing Advisor.
- remain up to date with teaching innovations, including supporting the devilment of digital and virtual learning environments.
- be involved in curriculum development and delivery across taught programmes.
Appointment as a Director of Student Experience will also involve:
- leading the Teaching Fellow team and other teaching staff to support and develop Department teaching and learning
- championing department feedback processes and monitoring student satisfaction
Please review both job descriptions for full comparison of the different grades.
- It is essential that you hold a degree and appropriate postgraduate qualification in an Engineering discipline related to our course and teaching provision. In addition, you should have a recognised teaching qualification in Secondary or Higher Education learning.
- Substantial relevant experience in an education role, for example at a Secondary, Further or Higher education establishment, is essential
- The ability to deliver teaching, supervising and assessing at an undergraduate and postgraduate level is essential
This is a full time, open ended post. Appointment level will depend on the experience of the candidate.
How To Apply
Our preferred method of application is via our website. Please visit our website using the provided link for more information about the post and the application process.