AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
What we do
In our work we aim to bring wider benefits to society – building healthy communities and limiting our impact on the planet. We are committed to leading the quest to meet rising global demand for effective healthcare.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact! Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
What You will do
As a Clinical Research Physician, you will support the clinical project team and assist the Global Clinical Head (GCH) with the design & interpretation process, establishing clear design objectives for clinical programs and studies. You will provide medical input into the content of core labelling texts and medical support for commercial activities, as well as the scientific component of the pricing and value strategy. You will also provide medical and scientific expertise as well as tactical and strategic medical input to the development of AstraZeneca’s compounds; primarily from Phase IIb to Phase IV.
In the BioPharmaceuticals Research & Development, Late-stage Development, Respiratory & Immunology (R&I) function you will be given the opportunity to work in a truly international working environment, with opportunities to meet and discuss with key external specialists, other medical colleagues and specialists in basic science, as well as commercial and regulatory functions.
Our therapy area aligned groups of physicians and scientists provide clinical guidance and scientific leadership for clinical development programs within AstraZeneca’s global organization.
The Clinical Research Physician will work in a wide range of aspects in pharmaceutical medicine, and due to the global responsibilities, there will be a multitude of contacts with health authorities, colleagues and marketing companies within AstraZeneca. This is an opportunity to take on the challenges of clinical development in a group of positive, focused and highly motivated colleagues.
- In this position you will be involved in providing medical and scientific leadership in the global development of new medicines primarily targeting immunology and respiratory disorders.
- You will have a meaningful role in the innovative design, execution and interpretation of clinical trials in one or more development programmes.
- The role will require you to build strong relationships with a network of external scientific specialists and opinion leaders.
- You will work closely with colleagues in other functions including Patient Safety, Regulatory Affairs, and Clinical Operations.
- You will be involved primarily in late stage (Ph2b and later) clinical programmes but will be expected to collaborate with clinical colleagues supporting Early (R&I) stage programs as well as medical affairs colleagues.
- You will provide expert medical input into the preparation of regulatory documents and interactions with regulatory authorities.
- You will provide expert medical and scientific analysis and interpretation of data from ongoing studies and in the literature.
- You will participate in the preparation of publications and presentations at scientific meetings and congresses.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified physician (MD or MD PhD)
- Experience in late stage clinical drug development from the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Rheumatologist or Immunologist desired
- Good understanding of clinical trials methodology
- Experience in the design, execution and interpretation of Late Stage clinical trials in the respiratory area or any other therapeutic area/ specialty in clinical development
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Rheumatology, Allergy, Nephrology or Dermatology background is highly desirable.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 27th July 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 27th August 2021
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites:
- Salary £30000 - £31000