Cloud Engineering Lead
Location: Cambridge or Macclesfield UK
Competitive Salary & Benefits
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Cloud Engineering team delivering a multi-hybrid cloud environment. We are expanding our team of highly skilled and hardworking individuals who are helping to enable and evolve our DevOps capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who craves working with new tech in the cloud and is looking for responsibility, ownership and variety. You will be regularly challenged with new technologies, services and ways of working in a large enterprise-scale environment.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineering Lead to help us build Cloud capabilities and tooling to support DevOps and development capabilities. We’re looking for someone who can work alongside multiple DevOps and development teams and who is self-motivated and able to actively contribute new ideas to the multi-hybrid Cloud platform and services we support. The focus is very much on enabling these teams to deliver independently so there is a heavy focus on automation, self-service, provision of guardrails, and baking of process and governance into workflow and technology.
As a Cloud Engineering Lead, you will have the responsibility of providing Line management and technical leadership to a team of Cloud Engineers in local or global locations while still being hands-on and delivering innovative solutions to the business by applying a comprehensive cross-functional and industry best-practice cloud engineering approach.
Work in an Agile way with global Product, Project and Platform teams to build and manage a range of Cloud capabilities and infrastructure services. Responsibility also covers platform maintenance and related operational work directly or in co-ordination with a wider Operations team.
Cloud Engineering Lead will be required to manage risks, dependencies and demand within the team they are responsible for through collaboration with capability lead and business counterparts.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, ambitious thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an outstanding place to work; an environment that energises and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Essential Skills and Experience
* In depth experience with setup, configuration and maintenance of Cloud service.
* Ability to learn and develop new tech skills as required supporting the multi-hybrid cloud strategy.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently to deliver objectives
* Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe and use of Jira and Confluence.
* DevOps Experience with skills around automation and tools such as (but not limited to) Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Lambda, Terraform, Ansible etc.
* Proven experience with scripting languages, ie: Python NodeJS
* Proven Line Management Experience
Styles/Values and Attitudes
* You can absolutely by trusted with very sensitive information
* Must have a positive can-do approach and work alongside peers who are like minded that are constantly learning through customer outcomes.
* Prepared to adjust known methods to fit in with processes, customer requirements and find new ways of doing things.
* Realise that customer success is our success, so you must want to help our customers achieve their objectives.
* Research and Development aspirations, you will need to want to push the boundaries through continuous learning/experiments/trials of new ideas.
So what’s next?
If this sounds like you.. we would love to hear from you!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.