The EdTech Labs in the Faculty of Natural Sciences and the Faculty of Engineering are seeking to recruit a Data Analyst to provide educational analytics support across both faculties.
You will support the development of an institution-wide data and analytics platform, which will strengthen learning analytics capabilities across the College.
Duties and responsibilities
Working with colleagues from ICT, academic faculties and other areas of College you will investigate, interpret, validate and clean data from digital learning platforms and support the data engineering and modelling required to develop the data and analytics platform.
Working closely with the faculty Education Insight and Evaluation Analysts, you will develop ways of working with data to meet the strategic aims of both faculties based on a sound understanding of educational requirements and the business implications.
You will work in a cross-College team to develop data analyses and visualisations for educational, evaluation and research purposes.
- Experience of managing data in a medium or large organisation covering infrastructure, data warehousing/data repositories, software engineering and business intelligence.
- Experience of identifying and undertaking data analysis within a complex technological environment, extracting meaningful insights from the data.
- Professional experience in research or a data analytics position in higher education and using related products and programming languages and file types (e.g. PowerBI, PySpark, Python, SQL, R, XML/XSD).
- Knowledge of a broad range of current and emerging ICT technologies and business processes, delivery models, principles and practice, including data security principles and options, entity relationship modelling and dimensional modelling and Data Flow Mapping and Business Process Modelling.
- Strong written and effective verbal communication skills and a proven ability to analyse large datasets.
- At Data Specialist level – Experience of engaging with business and technical stakeholders and translating customer business needs into data products with defined benefits; acting as an agent of innovation.
- At Data Specialist level – Report writing, project management and change management skills, and the ability to perform proof of concept or prototyping exercises.
Salary: £39,309 – £48,226 per annum
This is a full-time, fixed term position for 12 months in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. You will be based at South Kensington Campus. Closing date 5th June 2022
Candidates need to complete an online application.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org