Bring out the best in each other, and yourself, by working together as one
In our dynamic environment, be supported by the brightest minds working together side by side. Agile and collaborative, we work cross-functionally, as well as externally, to thrive at pace!
Who we are
Our workforce reflects the people we serve – diversity is embedded in everything we do. We’re at our best and most creative when drawing on our different views, experiences and strengths.
How we do it
It drives us to work together as one global team to achieve our goals. A supportive place where all are encouraged and achievement is recognised. Strengthening our knowledge through constructive feedback and coaching, as well as collaborating with the best.
What You’ll do
The Senior Clinical Pharmacology Scientist is a scientific job which works closely with the clinical team to create clinical pharmacology development program to provide differentiated medicine and the right dose to patients.
This person will apply state-of-the-art Clinical Pharmacology and Model-Based Drug Development (MBDD) approaches to influence designs and internal/external decision making at the project level. The individual will support global initiatives to develop the clinical pharmacology subject area and at times mentor junior staff. The incumbent will work closely with project colleagues to ensure appropriate implementation of state of the art clinical pharmacology program based on model based drug development (MBDD).
- Accountable for planning and executing state-of-the-art clinical pharmacology program with direct value on specific projects including go/no go decision making (S, T,D)
- Accountable for specialist data integration, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of clinical pharmacology results at internal (project/governance) and external interactions (investigator meeting/conference/health authorities) (T)
- Jointly accountable with the pharmacometrician for providing a scientific justification for the dose selection (T,D)
- Contribution to the identification and development of drug-disease models and other modelling approaches to support internal and external decision making in collaboration with internal and external partners (when relevant) (S,D, L)
- Support evaluation of candidates for in/out-licensing (S,T,D,L)
- Contribute to internal initiatives to develop the clinical pharmacology subject area including its processes (T,L)
- Participation in and accountability for peer review of ongoing activities, reports and presentations (T,D)
- Supervision of clinical pharmacology work performed by external contractors and more junior clinical pharmacologist, graduate students and post-doc (T,L)
- Compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) regulations as well as internal/external guidance’s (T)
- Expert knowledge of pharmacokinetics and Model-Based Drug Development (T)
- Expert knowledge in pharmacology, drug targets and core disease areas (T,D)
- Demonstrated broad translational and clinical development expertise and experience exemplified by extensive drug development experience, with emphasis on Clinical Pharmacology
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and execute clinical pharmacology activities at a project level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A demonstrated knowledge of global regulatory, compliance, processes, standards and issues specific to clinical pharmacology (T)
- PhD degree preferred or equivalent (M.Sc./Pharm.D.) with relevant experience required
- Relevant regulatory experience (written/oral)
- Training and experience with PK software (Phoenix, WinNonlin
- International scientific reputation gained from scientific publishing in the field of DMPK/Clinical Pharmacology
- Experience in early and late stage drug development
- Experience with relevant software and tools within the field of MBDD (e.g. SIMCYP, R, NONMEM) (T)
- Good leadership capabilities, in particular with regards to influencing skills
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 25th May 2021, and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 7th June 2021
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites: