Make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives around the globe
Here you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives. With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines – for the world’s most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and shaping the patient ecosystem.
Who we are
A high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society and our company.
What we do
We are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
The Director, Business Planning & Operations, CPQP will report into the Global Head / VP of Clinical Pharmacology and Quantitative Pharmacology (CPQP), and functionally will be operational and strategic lead for the VP. This role will be a member of the CPQP Leadership Team and support the operational requirements of this function whilst working closely with the Global Head of Business Planning and Operations, CPSS and BPO Team to ensure alignment.
· Strategic and operational business partner to Global Head / VP of Clinical Pharmacology and Quantitative Pharmacology (CPQP).
· Manages CPQP Leadership Team meetings – embedded process to increase meeting efficiency – i.e. agenda planning, facilitation, minutes, actions, documentation
· Leads project management with the CPQP Leadership Team to document, communicate, and track the strategic goals of business processes, change management and continuous improvement for the department
· Liaises with the CPSS BPO to manage and oversee the business performance of the department including scorecard development, quarterly reviews, metrics, reporting and budget tracking
· Together with the CPSS BPO, coordinates delivery of key departmental communication priorities, including all-staff department meetings and assists in developing communication materials for the departmental communications strategy
· Provides robust and succinct business information to the CPSS BPO and departmental Leadership Team to support decision making
· Participates and coordinates with CPSS BPO, Finance Business Partner, and Business Analysts to support the delivery of mid-range, long range, and quarterly planning cycles (MRP/LTP/RBU’s)
· Develops and builds or acts a specialist expert in implementing new strategies and communicating new visions
· Networks with colleagues (within and outside CPSS) to gain a good understanding of portfolio prioritisation, TA strategy and forecasting, feed into CPQP business planning and operations. Acts as a representative to relevant Resource Councils to voice CPQP resource gaps to support portfolio
· Ensures efficient and effective data management, such as but not limited to: FTE (Active, Vacancy), Capacity data, rolling forecast of resources
Essential qualifications and experience:
· Degree in Life Sciences or Business. MBA preferred
· Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
· Understanding of R&D processes
· Stakeholder management in the matrix organisation
· Influencing and interpersonal skills
· Leadership and problem-solving skills
· Communication skills
· Experience of project management relevant to pharmaceuticals.
· Project management qualification
· Comfortable with financial and scientific/technical information
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 30th November 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 15th December 2021
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites: