Make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives around the globe
Here you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives. With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines – for the world’s most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and shaping the patient ecosystem.
Who we are
A high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society and our company.
What we do
We are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
Working globally across different time zones, you will proactively partner with the Vice President, Clinical Pharmacology and Quantitative Pharmacology (CPQP) to provide operational and strategic leadership in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting area within BioPharma R&D. This includes managing global capacity management for the department, leading and driving strategic projects and managing the business performance of the department. You will work in partnership with the Business Planning and Operations team to ensure smooth operations across Clinical Pharmacology and Safety Sciences.
With a growth mindset, you will work in close collaboration with your peers across R&D to share and adopt best practices, drive continuous improvement of key business processes, and proactively identify opportunities for simplification and innovation.
· Strategic and operational business partner to Global Head / VP of Clinical Pharmacology and Quantitative Pharmacology (CPQP).
· Manages capacity management for CPQP. Networks with colleagues (within and outside CPSS) to gain a good understanding of portfolio prioritisation, TA strategy and forecasting, feed into CPQP business planning and operations. Acts as a representative to relevant Resource Councils to voice CPQP resource gaps to support portfolio
· Leads and drives project management with the CPQP Leadership Team to document, communicate, and track the strategic goals of business processes, change management and continuous improvement for the department
· Liaises with the CPSS BPO to manage and oversee the business performance of the department including scorecard development, quarterly reviews, metrics, reporting and budget tracking
· Works alongside CPSS BPO, Finance Business Partner, and Business Analysts to support the delivery of mid-range, long range, and quarterly planning cycles (MRP/LTP/RBU’s)
· Acts a specialist expert in building and implementing new strategies and communicating new visions
· Manages and participates in CPQP Leadership Team meetings – embedded process to increase meeting efficiency – i.e. agenda planning, facilitation, minutes, actions, documentation
· Together with the CPSS BPO, coordinates delivery of key departmental communication priorities, including all-staff department meetings and assists in developing communication materials for the departmental communications strategy
· Provides robust and succinct business information to the CPSS BPO and departmental Leadership Team to support decision making
· Ensures efficient and effective data management, such as but not limited to: FTE (Active, Vacancy), Capacity data, rolling forecast of resources
Essential qualifications and experience:
· Degree in Life Sciences or Business. MBA preferred
· Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
· Understanding of R&D processes
· Stakeholder management in the matrix organisation
· Influencing and interpersonal skills
· Leadership and problem-solving skills
· Communication skills
· Experience of project management relevant to pharmaceuticals.
· Project management qualification
· Comfortable with financial and scientific/technical information
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 16th December 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 16th January 2021
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites: