Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve.
Who we are
A high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society and our company.
What we do
We are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
The Director, Resource and Capacity Management will report into the Global Head of Business Planning and Operations (BPO), and his/her primary responsibility will be the resource and capacity management in CPSS. This role will be a member of the BPO Leadership Team and a key contact for CPSS operations, including site planning and forecasting, risk management, data and analytics and overseeing capital demand whilst working closely with the departmental Directors of BPO to ensure alignment.
· Leads the CPSS process for the resource and capacity management and implement the process in CPSS departments in close collaboration with Directors of BPO.
· Represents CPSS at Resource Councils together with relevant Department colleagues (where required), ensuring any capacity issues are raised and information shared is actioned and fed back to relevant CPSS leaders.
· Works with Finance to maintain oversight of Spend vs Budget variance and propose action to Department Heads (i.e., budget holders) and Directors of BPOs, to enable them to manage their budgets
· Collates input from Directors of BPOs and maintains all CPSS data in the relevant systems of choice, examples include but not limited to: PLANIT, Capacitor, Workday
· Works with HR and Sr. Director of Academic Partnerships to deliver strong talent pipeline, succession plans and talent development plans
· Participates and coordinates with CPSS BPO, Finance Business Partner, and Business Analysts to support the delivery of mid-range, long range, and quarterly planning cycles (MRP/LTP/RBU’s)
· Leads risk management process for CPSS, working with BioPharma team to keep risk log updated and new risks captured
· Ensures efficient and effective management of site planning, ensuring CPSS has the right space at the right time at each of our global sites. Supporting site planning for potential new sites for CPSS as appropriate.
Essential qualifications and experience:
· Degree in Life Sciences or Business. MBA preferred
· Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
· Expertise in financial and resource management information
· Experience of resource and capacity management
· Understanding of R&D processes
· Stakeholder management in the matrix organisation
· Influencing and interpersonal skills
· Leadership and problem-solving skills
· Communication skills
· Strong Excel skills
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 1st October 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 15th October 2021
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites:
- Salary £30000 - £31000
- Salary Per annum