Salary: £38,614 – £47,373 per annum
An opportunity for an Electronic & Instrumentation Engineer has arisen within the technical services team of the Thermofluids Division, Department of Mechanical Engineering. Using Labview, this role will actively support the research activity within the division and is integral to the success of the projects undertaken.
The postholder works closely with Academics and researchers to lead in the end-to-end design and manufacturing processes to support the world-leading research within the division that aims to reduce the environmental impact of power and propulsion systems.
The state-of-the-art experimental laboratory facilities in the Thermofluids division comprise several engine test cells, high pressure combustion chambers, experiments for fire research, an organic Rankine cycle facility, and a number of turbocharger-based test rigs. Projects are carried out in collaboration with major industrial sponsors and are often co-funded by the UK Government.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be providing expertise, from concept to implementation, on electronic and instrumentation experimental operations. This will involve:
- Providing analogue and digital circuit designs and hardware for interfacing solutions within experimental research projects for the Thermofluids Division
- Using LabView for data acquisition/processing and control of experimental rigs, support researchers in developing such software
- Test rig installation and control, with use of actuators for control and transducers and sensors for data acquisition with D/A and A/D converters.
- Building and commissioning electronics and power systems controllers and enclosures
- You must have a qualification in Wiring Regulations, with experience in wiring and interfacing sensors and actuators.
- You should have practical knowledge and experience of using Labview, or a relevant accredited qualification in Labivew.
- A degree level qualification in Electrical engineering (or similar), and formal IEEE qualification are both highly desirable.
- You must be experienced in the design and production of electrical control solutions, including a variety of applications and systems (outlined in the job description)
How To Apply
Our preferred method of application is via our website. Please visit our website using the provided link for more information about the post and the application process.