ENABLEMENT CAPABILITY LEAD – INTEGRATION & API SERVICES
LOCATIONS: MACCLESFIELD (UK) / GAITHERSBURG (US) / CHENNAI (INDIA
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
The Enablement Capability Lead – Integration & API Services, reporting into the Director IT, API & Integration, will use their extensive experience, pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical industry knowledge and an in-depth understanding of APIs, API management, integration solutions, technologies, and different architectural design patterns to build and deliver an end-user focused (easy to consume) enablement service, enabling the rest of the organization to build and run integrations and APIs. The role will develop well-rounded plan for enablement capabilities, gaining the end-user needs, and drive an outcomes based delivery approach.
The role and supporting team will lead the development and evangelisation of enablement capabilities for the integration domain across the global organization, to gain maximum value of the technology investments. The key focus will be on driving business outcomes which have the highest impact through exploitation of the global integration platform and integration capabilities. The Enablement Capability Lead – Integration & API Services, will be primarily accountable for the Enablement Services team, establishing the newly formed team and maturing the capability. This role works closely with other Service Lines in the integration team as well as other functions and teams at various level across the organisation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
- Experience of identification and implementation of innovative technology solutions
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
- +10 years of experience working in global IT organisations
- Multi-cultural exposure working over different time zones
- Able to manage negotiations, expectations, and solutions across complex global teams
- Solid understanding and appetite for innovative trends (for example Industry 4.0) relevant for adoption and implementation of technology / digital integration solutions
- Experience in working with different integration technologies
- Experience in designing integration architectures, patterns and solutions especially in application and data integration
- Experience with designing loosely coupled cloud-based API solutions
- Financial and resource planning of people and solutions
- University degree or equivalent number of years of experience in a Computer Science
- Customer focused with ability to turn feedback in to prioritised actions
- UX experience
- Experience working with WIKI tools such as Confluence
- Experience in creating knowledge repositories
- Experience in agile ways of working and supporting tools such as JIRA
- Experience in collaboration tools such as MS Teams, Sharepoint, MIRO
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions, unlocking the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If reading the above has tickled your senses and you’re ready to join us, hit the apply button and we look forward to reviewing your application soon.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 08/02/2022
Close Date: 01/03/2022