Opportunities for Doctoral Studies at Bristol Composites Institute and National Composites Centre
We are pleased to announce as part of the ongoing collaboration the National Composites Centre (NCC) has sponsored 5 new EngD studentships.
The NCC has supported the Industrial Doctorate Centre (IDC) in Composites Manufacture for many years. We are now seeking high calibre candidates to join our IDC and take up these new studentships. Successful candidates, or Research Engineers, will be based at NCC and will work on pre-commercial, yet industrially focused, cutting-edge research, whilst following a taught programme at University of Bristol. The projects will be concentrated on some of NCC strategic areas including Sustainability, Digital Engineering and the move to an intensified Hydrogen Economy. This programme aims to provide the UK composites manufacturing industry with Research Engineers equipped with the necessary advanced technical and leadership skills required for effective adoption of new knowledge and technologies in composites manufacture.
- Constant flow of cutting-edge ideas between the sponsor company and leading academics within the relevant field.
- Research Engineers will be part of Bristol Composites Institute (BCI) and have access to the knowledge base created through the taught components and the research supervision.
- A programme of bespoke Masters-level technical units and business skills training ensures Research Engineers bring considerable specialist knowledge and capability to their project.
- Access to the range of cutting-edge of equipment, facilities and techniques at the NCC as well as complete access to the Bristol Composite Institute Laboratories.
- The journey of the Research Engineers is such that they will develop into an independent industry-based researcher able to synergise efforts into strong research outcomes and contributions to knowledge in the field.
- More detail on available projects can be found here.
- These opportunities are available for UK fees eligible candidates with at least a 2:1 MEng or merit at Masters level or equivalent in engineering, physics or chemistry.
- We are looking for the highest quality UK engineering/ science graduates and practitioners with a strong interest in industry-centred composites manufacturing.
- We are seeking highly motivated engineers with an eye on the future, who are interested in conducting stimulating and essential industrial research.
How To Apply
If you are interested in making an application, please complete and submit the online form and send your CV and transcript of results to email@example.com. Selected applicants will be contacted by the IDC team and invited to attend an interview with NCC. Following approval, candidates will then be invited to formally apply to the University of Bristol. For more details on the programme and how to apply, visit our website. For an informal discussion about the programme please contact Professor Janice Barton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The initial closing date for applications is 15 August 2022. The positions will however remain available until all scholarships are awarded.
- Salary £20000 - £30000