Engineering Manager (Automation/Process Control)
Competitive Salary & Benefits Offered
Build a long-term career by unlocking opportunities for lifelong learning
Build unrivalled capabilities in a place that promotes learning agility and offers development opportunities. We never stand still so you’ll have the chance to constantly grow your abilities, skills and knowledge. Here we are a fusion of challenging and interesting work, in an energising and inspiring environment.
Be part of shaping the next phase of Operations’ journey towards the 2025 strategy. Build on our foundations of high performance through agility, responsiveness, reliability and efficiency to deliver our new modalities and complex pipeline to market at speed. Backed by a supportive team, be part of accelerating our operational excellence with innovations in cutting-edge science, Lean ways of working and fast changing digital technologies.
We now have an outstanding opportunity for a professional engineer to provide specialist knowledge and expertise in process control and automated systems. This includes technical and project management delivery across a portfolio of projects. Accountability for control system robustness and establishing, controlling and improving process control systems to satisfy asset, manufacturing and compliance demands throughout our Sterile Manufacturing business area.
You’ll lead and develop a team process control/automation engineers and may indirectly (matrix) manage other process control/automation roles.
We’ll ask you to establish, control and improve automation and control systems to satisfy asset, manufacturing and compliance demands throughout UK Operations at Macclesfield.
Longer term, this role will offer several different career development routes with options to continue in technical/project roles or move into other areas of the Operations business.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for sustaining and enhancing automation and control system performance to enable delivery of manufacturing demands.
In line with SHE (Safety, Health and Environment), GMP & Financial regulatory, statutory and company standards, you’ll deliver all aspects of automation and control system performance.
Your team will lead and execute automated equipment validation, including computerised system validation.
By providing expert support for the delivery of new automated systems into a production environment you’ll be involved from development to final production handover.
The team will be involved in project management of small projects including technical and organisational change and budget control.
We’ll expect you to provide specialist support to automation system faults and to quality incidents related to automated system functionality.
We’ll support you to ensure there is effective ongoing management of compliance and obsolescence (hardware and software).
By collaborating with global colleagues and equipment suppliers you’ll ensure systems are designed and developed to best meet business process requirements and business standards.
We’ll need you to deliver automation system coaching to technical and non-technical staff, including Engineering Technicians and Operating Teams.
You’ll manage the successful delivery of the local engineering budget for project and day-to-day activities.
- As a minimum you will hold a degree, HND or HNC within a relevant engineering field. We’ll be looking for relevant work experience in a similar role or regulated industry.
- Automation and control systems within a packaging and/or process manufacturing environment e.g. OSI Pi / Data Historian, PLC, SCADA, Industrial PC, Vision Systems, Data Capture and Storage, Factory Networking
- Fault-finding / trouble-shooting and repair of automation and control systems
- Ideally you’ll be experienced in motivating, leading and developing teams and or projects.
- Familiar with Lean methodology, you’ll have the ability to apply lean tools to a service delivery activity
- You should have experience of working with external suppliers, including service level agreements, supplier certification, contract management, service negotiation etc.
- Computerised Systems Validation (ComVal)
- Automation systems lifecycle management in line with current GAMP standards
- Experienced in working in a regulated industry including knowledge of GMP and Safety, Health and Environment requirements.
- An understanding of cGMP requirements and 21CFR Part 11 compliance (data integrity)
So, what’s next?
This role is open from 11/06/2021 and we welcome your application no later than 27/06/2021.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity to pioneer a new future to meet global healthcare challenges, apply today!