At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. At AstraZeneca the only one who can put limits on the scope of your career is you. With the right skills and passion we’ll help you explore what AstraZeneca has to offer.
This is an exciting and rare new opportunity, working closely with a Finance Deal Director / Head of Deal Finance to help develop business cases for in/out licencing deals, research collaborations and partnerships, product acquisitions/disposals, divestments and other business development projects.
This would ideally suit a candidate looking for their first role outside of a practice firm, or equally, someone looking to learn new skills within the area Pharmaceutical Corporate Finance.
In this role, your key business partnering for deal finance will be the Business Development Organisation. However, you will also be expected to provide support and advice for both the Oncology and BioPharma Business Development teams, as well as working with regional Business development as and when the opportunity arise.
The role will entail providing high-quality financial analysis and advice, as well as building complex financial models using data from multiple sources and developing new evaluation tools. As well as inputting into all stages of the deal process – from initial negotiations to due diligence, contract closure and post-deal integration – you’ll be involved in industry research and company/product analysis. There will be opportunities to attend and take part in third party negotiations and take part in SET level interactions.
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-starter, show keen interest to learn and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You will need to have the ability to manage multiple deals with multiple stakeholders. As described above, the customer base is wide and will in the most part, be non-finance based in nature.
- Accounting/finance qualification (CIMA, ACA, CFA or equivalent)
- Good MS Excel (especially financial modelling) and PowerPoint skills
- Good understanding of cash vs. profit
- Strong understanding of value based cashflow metrics and their relevance in business evaluation
- Analytical thinking, and ability to collate and analyse relevant data to identify key drivers of value and risk
- Ability to communicate financial recommendations to financial/non-financial senior leaders and other stakeholders in a way that is impactful and understandable
- Practical knowledge of financial evaluation techniques (projects, investments, etc.)
- Good understanding of corporate governance and internal financial controls
- Aptitude for working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Keen interest in business development and the wider pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of working in a global pharmaceutical organisation
- Awareness of the drug development lifecycle and issues in drug commercialisation
- Working knowledge of deal accounting
- Tax structuring as it relates to deals in a multinational company
- Prior experience in business partnering
Opening date 07/10/2021
Closing date 21/10/2021
Competitive salary and benefits a
- Salary £60000 - £900000
- Salary Per annum