Here we are committed to making a difference. We have built our business around our passion for science. Now we are fusing data and technology with the latest scientific innovations to achieve the next wave of breakthroughs.
Opportunity: Clinical Research Physician – Asthma/COPD – Late R&I
Locations: Central Cambridge (UK), Gaithersburg (US), Durham (US), Warsaw (PL)
Salary: Competitive, with excellent benefits
How we do it
We are always listening and learning from people who live with the diseases our medicines treat. It enables us to better understand their needs and, ultimately, diagnose and design the right treatments to impact patients’ lives.
Why we love it
Ultimately, it’s more than a job. We know that our work impacts people with serious conditions, many of whom have no other alternatives. That’s what drives us – the potential to impact over one billion patients worldwide.
At Late Respiratory & Immunology (Late R&I), we’re driven by innovation and our dedication to make a real-life difference in patients’ lives. That difference starts with you. We are part of the BioPharmaceutical R&D unit. Here, you will get the opportunity to work in a truly international environment and meet and discuss with key opinion leaders, other medical colleagues and authorities in basic science, as well as commercial, regulatory, and other functions.
What you’ll do
As a Clinical Research Physician, you will provide clinical mentorship and scientific leadership for clinical development programs within AstraZeneca’s global organization. You will operate in a wide range of aspects in pharmaceutical medicine and lead a multitude of contacts with health authorities, colleagues and marketing companies within and outside of AstraZeneca.
You will impact clinical project teams and assist the Global Clinical Head (GCH) with the design and interpretation process, as well as establishing clear design objectives for clinical programs and studies.
We rely on you to:
- Build positive relationships and networks with internal and external scientific specialists and opinion leaders
- Work closely with colleagues in other functions including Patient Safety, Regulatory Affairs, Biometrics, and Clinical Operations
- Be involved primarily in Late Stage (Ph2b and later) clinical programmes and additionally collaborate with clinical colleagues supporting Early Stage programs as well as Medical Affairs colleagues
- Provide medical input into the content of core labelling texts and medical support for commercial activities, as well as the scientific component of the pricing and value strategy
- Provide expert medical input into the preparation of regulatory documents and interactions with health authorities
- Provide expert analysis and interpretation of data from ongoing studies and from the literature
- Prepare and present publications at scientific meetings and congresses
Essential for the role
We believe that you are a fully qualified physician (MD or MD PhD) with pharmaceutical industry experience in late stage clinical drug development. Respiratory, Allergy & Immunology background is desirable. Willingness to travel nationally and internationally as needed for the role is expected.
You also possess:
- Extensive experience in the design, execution and interpretation of Late Stage clinical trials in the Respiratory area or other therapeutic area/ specialty in clinical development
- Asthma/COPD knowledge
- Drug development experience
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 17th Feb 2022 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 10 Mar 2022
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites: