Graduate Analytical Scientist
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Are you a graduate looking to join a leading global pharmaceutical company? This might be the opportunity for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Be welcomed into our inclusive network of diverse and high performing teams. Have the support, trust and respect to thrive here – fair leadership, great workplaces and energised teams who always have each other’s back. For those with a shared drive and passion for impacting people’s lives, experience a sense of belonging like no other.
In Pharmaceutical Technology and Development (PT&D), we are the link between forward-thinking science and innovative medicines that help millions of people. We work across the value chain, designing and delivering active ingredients, formulations and devices required to support new medicines – from supplies for use in early toxicology studies and clinical trials to developing the technology to ensure drugs can be scaled up for commercial manufacture.
We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join one of our analytical teams within New Modalities and Parenteral Development (NMPD) in a permanent position.
Our vision is to transform product design and development to enable us to deliver New Modality and Parenteral Medicines to Patients. New Modalities is a key growth area for AstraZeneca, covering projects that are not standard small molecule formulations/products. New Modalities can include Peptides, Oligonucleotides, Nano Medicines, Polymeric nanoparticles and Dendrimer and Polymer Drug Conjugates.
You will join a vibrant team that is working on the next generation of medicines and playing a key role in the analytical development of new medicinal products. As part of this team you will deliver analytical knowledge that encompasses understanding of manufacturing processes, control strategy and robustness.
If you have the passion and the drive to accelerate growth and make people’s lives better – then this is the place for you.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in drug product analytical activities in support of project progression during clinical development phases through to commercialisation.
- Plan and execute experimental work in accordance with project timelines.
- Support the development of analytical control strategies for new medicinal products within the New Modalities portfolio, leading to the registration of new medicines.
- Add to the development of robust analytical methodologies supporting the development of innovative drug products and manufacturing processes.
- Support activities involving the release and stability analysis of investigational medicinal products.
- Provide technical support to the manufacture of investigational medicinal products for clinical use.
- Interpret analytical data and draw reliable conclusions and recommendations to influence future work.
- Degree, MSc, MChem in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical/Analytical Science or equivalent or the equivalent in experience
- Industrial experience within an analytical group: preferably in a pharmaceutical development company or CRO supporting the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in oligonucleotide/peptide analytical measurement science would be an advantage.
Please note applications must include your CV and a covering letter which presents your areas of strength / development and why you should be considered for the role.
If you want to broaden knowledge and skills, there is an incredible opportunity for you here. As Operations evolves and grows, there are so many possibilities to try new and varied opportunities and upskill for the future. Build a stable long-term career in a place where you are rewarded for your commitment and our leaders provide unrivalled investment and exposure.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en