At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe!
As the Oncology Group Director within Clinical Pharmacology & Quantitative Pharmacology (CPQP) you will be responsible for line management, project accountabilities, leading initiatives related to scientific, strategic and/or improvement initiatives, either at therapy area (Oncology), functional or cross-functional levels. You will lead a team of Clinical Pharmacologists (CP) and Clinical Pharmacometricians (PMx) and will be responsible for recruitment, retainment, and development of staff to establish a dynamic, innovative, business-focused, and science-driven team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of CP and PMx scientists delivering quality clinical pharmacology input to projects from pre-CDID to life-cycle management (LCM)
- In close collaboration with the CPQP Oncology Head and other CPQP line managers be accountable for resource management, providing flexible, competent and responsive service with appropriate quality and speed according to business needs; continuously enhance productivity and cost efficiency where relevant
- Support the US Oncology Head in development of strategy, in scientific operations and business management
- Act as delegate for the US Oncology Head at functional LT meetings, Clin Pharm review Board, governance, and other Oncology interactions, as necessary
- Act as project Clinical Pharmacologist, as required, leading development and implementation of the clinical pharmacology strategy
- Accountable for developing a culture supportive of MIDD approaches across Oncology influencing key partners, stakeholders and regulators of its value and application
- Contribute to ensure a positive collaborative culture and dialogue with key partner functions such as Early and Late Oncology clinical organisations, Biostatistics, DMPK and Biosciences, Translational medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Regulatory affairs
- Scientific and strategic input into pre-clinical, clinical, and post-approval development plans across Oncology
- With the Oncology director PMx accountable for oversight, support and delivery of scientific and strategic modeling work related across Oncology in both early and late development
- Support and review evaluation of candidates for in/out-licensing
- Contribute and lead within and cross-Oncology peer review
- Provide mentoring within and across Oncology’s
- Support and contribute to the learning development for Oncology providing training and knowledge sharing
Education and Experience Required:
- PhD degree preferred; M.Sc. or Pharm.D with relevant experience required
- Demonstrated broad translational and clinical development experience exemplified by a minimum of 10 years international drug development or equivalent experience (early and late clinical)
Required Skills: Abilities:
- Can develop people, drives performance, holds self and others accountable
- Record of building successful internal/external partnership and collaboration relationships, demonstrating cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Strong leadership capabilities including influencing skills
- Experience in mentoring and developing others
- Conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking
- International scientific reputation gained from scientific publishing in the field of quantitative clinical pharmacology
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and execute strategic CPQP activities
- Relevant Oncology disease domain knowledge
- Relevant regulatory experience (written/oral)
- A demonstrated knowledge of regulatory, compliance, processes, standards and issues specific to CPQP
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial – finding those moments and recognizing their potential.
Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
- Salary £200000 - £260000