At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
Make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives around the globe
With our ground-breaking pipeline, the outlook is bright. Be proud to be part of a place that has achieved so much, yet is still moving forward. There’s no better time to join our global, growing enterprise as we lead the way for healthcare and society.
What we do
Ultimately, our aim is to work towards a cure for some of the world’s most complex diseases. Whether that’s by shaping the patient ecosystem and focusing on outcomes, or by progressing potential medicines and accelerating their launch.
How we do it
Committed to living our values – they guide our behaviours, actions and decisions, every day!
AstraZeneca discovers and develops medicines in our core areas of Oncology, Respiratory and Immunology, Neuro- & Microbial Sciences and Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic Disease. Regulatory Toxicology & Safety Pharmacology is a global department within the Clinical Pharmacology and Safety Sciences (CPSS) function; we’re looking to recruit an experienced toxicologist to lead and develop our reproductive toxicology team.
Driven by innovative science and our entrepreneurial culture, we are focused on developing life changing medicines for our patients. We have a strong pipeline, rich in new modalities pushing the boundaries to show what science can do. Developmental and reproductive toxicology forms an increasingly important aspect of the delivery of new medicines that meet patient needs.
Reproductive toxicologists are subject matter experts in the interpretation of Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology (DART) data advising project teams accordingly and exploiting this knowledge to facilitate regulatory submissions.
We work closely with our clinical colleagues to advise on contraception requirements and inclusion of children and women of childbearing potential in clinical trials and advise on labelling. Our exciting pipeline presents opportunities to devise safety assessments in unprecedented areas that require fresh and innovative approaches.
To reflect the increasingly central role played by this field, we are seeking a Head of Reproductive Toxicology who will be accountable for reproductive toxicology strategy across the global AstraZeneca portfolio and lead our team of specialist reproductive toxicologists.
As the Head of Reproductive Toxicology, your main accountabilities will be:
- To lead our team of reproductive toxicologists
- To drive AZ’s strategy for reproductive toxicology
- To represent AZ on external industry working parties related to reproductive toxicology and paediatric development
- To represent Reproductive Toxicology on the Regulatory Toxicology & Safety Pharmacology leadership team
- To design reproductive toxicology data packages to support clinical development and marketing approval across multiple therapy areas. Provide specialist interpretation of reproductive and juvenile toxicology studies and provide input and guidance for non-clinical and clinical governance bodies
- To provide expert input to product labelling and paediatric investigational plans
- To drive cross-functional groups to ensure appropriate and integrated DART support at all phases of drug development
As a Reproductive Toxicologist, your skills and qualifications will include:
- DVM, PhD or MSc education (or equivalent) in Toxicology or a related life-science subject
- Significant number of years’ experience working within a Pharmaceutical and/or chemical reproductive toxicological environment
- Proven experience in leading and developing people within a matrix environment
- Experience of study design, data interpretation and application of non-clinical developmental, reproductive and juvenile toxicology data
- Excellent team working skills, able to influence effectively across multidisciplinary teams in a global matrix organisation
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant regulatory guidelines, with evidence of innovative application in late stage clinical development and marketing
- Proven problem solving experience to address DART issues (e.g. testicular toxicity)
In CPSS, we aim to stimulate creativity throughout our organization by maintaining a culture in which our people feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and contribution to our success. We support and encourage our people in discovering their potential, through learning and development opportunities that are available to them throughout their careers. The Head of Reproductive Toxicology role offers development opportunities working closely with a wide range of non-clinical and clinical scientists across a range of modalities at all phases of development
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 2nd Feb 2022, and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 22nd Feb 2022
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org