0At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
At AstraZeneca, we challenge the norm, and that means we expect our people to as well. In order to develop life-changing medicines, we approach problems in a different way – agile, nimble, and focused on what our people need to make groundbreaking discoveries.
This role sits within our Internal Audit Services (IAS) team, providing independent assurance that we’re achieving our objectives effectively and in the right way. Our remit is to provide assurance over compliance, operational and strategic risks and ensure they are being managed effectively
Reporting to the Head of Audit (Science Units & GPPS), you’ll have real scope to make an impact as our aim is to be a top-performing IA function.
Main duties and responsibilities
You’ll work with internal teams on a complex portfolio of global audits e.g. R&D, Operations, Commercial, Finance and other Enabling functions, working collaboratively throughout the audits to highlight issues and propose solutions.
You’ll be required to quickly develop relationships with senior leaders and management teams, and evaluate a range of judgemental issues around governance, risks and controls. We’ll expect you to provide oversight, coaching and feedback on peer and team member performance to support their development.
We’ll also look to you to innovate and drive continuous improvement in our auditing processes, including sharing knowledge with the wider team. Another key focus will be to identify insights and themes to share with the business on the challenges and risks that arise. We’ll expect you to have an appetite to learn and develop, given the range of audit and advisory projects you’ll be involved with.
You will have worked in a managerial-level audit role, in a large global organisation or a Big Four accounting firm. Ideally you will have Pharma sector experience. And your broad audit experience and global outlook mean you could make an extraordinary Internal Audit Manager with AstraZeneca, a world-leading pharmaceutical company.
- Experience of internal auditing, including areas such as R&D, Operaitons, Commercial, Finance or IT
- Ability to undertake travel internationally (potentially up to 30% of working days) to work on a range of audits
- Ability to lead and motivate multi-disciplinary teams across different global locations
- High level of personal integrity, tenacity and independence
- A flexible communication style, able to adjust your approach and influence others, including senior leaders
- Ability to analyse complex issues from a range of perspectives and form considered judgements around the actions to be taken
- Strong project management skills to both lead individual assignments, and co-ordinate and monitor broader programmes
- A relevant degree or postgraduate professional qualification
- Strong business English, including both written and verbal communication
Breadth of global business understanding ideally within the Pharmaceutical industry
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Opening date – 21/11/2021
Closing date – 03/12/2021
Competitive salary and benefits apply
Location – UK Cambridge/Luton, US Gaithersburg