AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies
Finance at AstraZeneca has a clear vision to become trusted partners, creating value and leading change. As such, Finance has a pivotal role to play in shaping our long-term financial health, partnering to deliver great results through insight, delivering excellence in financial operations and safeguarding AstraZeneca’s assets and reputation.
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
This role sits within our global Internal Audit Services (IAS) team, providing independent assurance that we’re achieving our objectives effectively and in the right way. Our remit is to provide assurance over compliance, operational and strategic risks and to ensure they are being effectively managed.
Reporting to the Head of Audit (HoA) (Operations & Transformation), you’ll have real scope to make an impact on a top-performing internal audit function. This role offers the opportunity to gain a holistic view of AstraZeneca’s varied global operations and functions, helping to oversee IAS’s global annual audit plan delivery. In order to be qualified for this role, you will have worked in a managerial-level audit role, in a large global organisation or a Big Four accounting firm. Ideally you will have Pharma sector experience already with broad audit experience.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Collaborating with the IAS Senior Leadership Team (SLT) for the preparation, analysis and monitoring of the IAS annual audit plan and IAS KPIs.
- Collating information for Audit Committee papers, as well as providing data analysis for benchmarking and strategic alignment.
- Preparing, monitoring and overseeing the IAS budget, including managing accruals, collaboratively working with the HoAs and IAS VP, as well as with finance colleagues.
- Overseeing and monitoring the IAS team resourcing process.
- As a core member of IAS’s Operational Excellence (OpEx) team, innovating and driving continuous improvement in our auditing process and in IAS internal Operational Excellence (OpEx) processes, supporting IAS’s objective of being top-performing audit team.
- Working with internal and external teams on a portfolio of audits. Working collaboratively throughout to highlight issues and propose solutions. Quickly developing relationships with senior leaders and management teams, evaluating a range of judgmental issues around governance, risks and controls.
- Relevant degree or postgraduate qualification (e.g. ACA) with relevant post-qualification experience.
- Experience of internal audit, financial analysis and budgetary management.
- A flexible communication style, able to adjust your approach and influence others, including senior leaders.
- Ability to analyse complex issues from a range of perspectives and form considered judgements around the actions to be taken.
- Ability to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork but also to lead a process with minimal or no supervision.
- Capacity to effectively manage multiple and frequently changing priorities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including oral and written (strong business English required).
- AZ / Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Cross boundary experience including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally.
- The ability to undertake limited international travel if required, likely from H2 2022 onwards, to work on a range of audits.
Opening date 28/10/2021
Closing date 11/11/2021
Competitive salary and benefits apply
Location: Cambridge, Luton
- Salary £65000 - £85000
- Salary Per annum