Meaningful Impact. Make a more meaningful contribution Impact patients’ lives every day
Make a more meaningful impact in your career, with greater ownership and accountability to make a contribution. And in return… we’re looking for people driven by making a difference to patients’ and society, dedicated to doing the right thing!
Who we are
A high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society and our company.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
You will join the global Clinical Pharmacology and Safety Sciences (CPSS) organisation, working within a vibrant scientific environment which supports drug discovery and development. CPSS characterise the non-clinical toxicology, off-target pharmacology, metabolism and pharmacokinetics of molecules. Working with disease area project teams we help to discover efficacious molecules with good safety profiles.
The Alliance and Project Management team works within CPSS to ensure that studies are outsourced in a proficient and accurate manner. Working with internal customers and external companies (CRO’s), the team is accountable for the operational delivery of pre-clinical studies that are designed to assess the safety and efficacy of our candidate drugs.
What you’ll do
The purpose of the role is to provide specialist administrative support and financial governance to the CPSS department. Key accountabilities are to ensure that all studies and collaborations have the correct documentation and pricing, accountability for raising purchase orders, paying the invoices and financial monitoring throughout the life of the study. The successful candidate will be expected to respond to complex requests on behalf of customers (internal and external) and documenting financial analysis for the project teams and for financial accruals. In addition, there is a potential for some project management work as part of the role.
This role will be located at AstraZeneca Cambridge UK, ultimately in the future AstraZeneca Cambridge facility on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
- Experience in purchase to pay processes
- Strong understanding of purchasing tools and systems
- Expert knowledge of IT packages ie Microsoft Office/Outlook, Excel and Sharepoint
- Excellent organisational, forward-planning, team working and stakeholder management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Professional and enthusiastic approach with ability to independently manage a diverse workload
- Ability to respond to complex challenges quickly and efficiently with the flexibility to adapt to changing situations
- A proven track record towards customer and delivery focus
Additional desirable skills:
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of the drug development process
- Experience in continuous improvement approaches
Minimum requirements – Education and experience
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently
- Ability to manage own priorities and goals
- Good written and verbal communication skills
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 7th July 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 21st July 2021
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Salary £30000 - £31000