Lecturer in Particle Physics
Grade UE08 £42,149 to £50,296
College of Science and Engineering/School of Physics and Astronomy/Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics
Open-ended contract, 35 hours per week
We are seeking to appoint to a full-time, open-ended academic position within the Particle Physics Experiment (PPE) group at the University of Edinburgh.
The PPE group has significant activities in experiments at the energy frontier and quark flavour physics at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), in neutrino physics and dark matter searches, as well as instrumentation, computing and data-driven innovation. We wish to recruit an outstanding scientist who will contribute significantly to the PPE group’s future research activities. With this call we are targeting candidates who would be able to take a leading role in the DUNE, LHCb, or LUX-ZEPLIN experiments.
As recognized by our Juno Champion and Athena SWAN Silver awards, the School is committed to advancing gender equality, and we aim to ensure that our culture and systems support flexible and family-friendly working. We recognise and value diversity across all our staff and students.
Your application should include a CV, a research statement of 2 pages, and contact details of 3 referees.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- You will have a PhD in experimental particle physics or relevant / related discipline.
- You will have an excellent track record in research.
- You will be able to play a leading role in the field of experimental particle physics and to attract external research funding.
- You will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision.
Closing date: 25 October 2021
For more information and to submit an application, please visit the University of Edinburgh’s website via the below link.
- Salary £40000 - £50
- Experience Level £senior - £