The School of Computing at the University of Leeds invites applications for a number of Lecturer posts at either Grade 7 (£34,304 – £40,927 p.a.) or Grade 8 (£42,149 – £50,296 p.a.).
We are a highly-ranked academic department with a vibrant research culture and a commitment to excellence in our teaching. We are recruiting to multiple posts in support of our current and planned growth in both fundamental and applied computer science. The positions are open-ended, with start dates as early as January 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter.
As a Lecturer you will have a PhD (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or a related field, an ambitious research vision, and the ability to carry out excellent research and teaching in Computer Science. We are seeking candidates whose research demonstrably aligns with one or more of our existing research themes, however we would particularly welcome applications from candidates with research interests in Algorithms & Complexity, Computer Graphics, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
We welcome applications from both academic and non-academic organizations, from future colleagues who wish to work part-time or flexibly, and we particularly encourage women and members of ethnic minorities or other under-represented groups to apply.
- Strong support and mentoring to allow you to progress your academic career at Leeds, as well as access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team and a broad selection of external courses via University subscriptions.
- Opportunities for teaching across a wide range of the undergraduate Computer Science syllabus in Leeds, overseas in our partner universities and online.
- A large but compact university campus housing state-of-the-art research facilities, transformational research, and a bustling innovation hub.
- Health and Wellbeing: including options for flexible working, discounted access to our state-of-the-art Campus gym and sports facilities, and more.
- 25 days holiday plus 15.5 Bank/University Holidays.
- On-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
How to apply
To view and apply for the Grade 7 Lecturer post click here.
To view and apply for the Grade 8 Lecturer post click here.
- Salary £40000 - £50
- Experience Level £senior - £