Marketing Company Account Manager (MCAM)
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
In our dynamic environment, be supported by the brightest minds working together side by side. Agile and collaborative, we work cross-functionally, as well as externally, to thrive at pace.
We now have an opportunity as an MCAM to join our team. In this role, you will act as the principal point of contact between the Commercial / Finance business and the Global Operations function, for GCC cluster that consists of Saudi Arabia, Gulf states & Pakistan markets.
You will be seen as the market specialist within Operations, and the supply chain expert within your markets, adding significant value to both parts of our complex, global business.
The role comes with significant accountability and autonomy, and will suit someone seeking to make a difference to the way we run our business, and the contribution that the supply chain can make to our company profit line. Understanding this interface is critical for anyone seeking a career with global supply chain management.
The Operations International Demand & Account Management team is the interface between Operations and the International Commercial Region providing four prime functions for the organisation:
- Leading Market S&OPs with Marketing Companies to provide Volume Demand Plans on which we plan our Operational activities including business planning.
- Account management of our Commercial colleagues, acting as the prime point of contact for all interactions they have with the Operations organisation.
- Supporting the supply planning processes within Operations, including issue resolution when supply to market is put at risk (and where necessary, taking a balanced approach).
- Exchanging of market & site intelligence and coordinating launch projects and scenario planning with Commercial when patent expiry is anticipated.
The Operations International Demand & Account Management team consists of both MCAMs and Regional Demand Planers.
MCAMs are accountable for the supply of all products to the customers of their designated Market Companies and manage the business planning (S&OP) process between those markets and Operations
Regional Demand Planers (DP) support the MCAM by managing the short term operational aspects of supply, supporting change & improvement initiatives.
As part of the MCAM team, you would report to Area Supply Director, Russia, Eurasia and MEA and would be accountable for ensuring the flawless execution of product flow from suppliers to customers with a focus on product availability, inventory management and customer service.
You will put the Marketing Companies and their customers at the forefront, building relationships and ways of working that enable Operations to become full partners in delivering sales success.
Responsible for all product supply to the designated Commercial Operations Markets and the delivery of high levels of customer service and supply performance at lowest possible inventory and cost to serve. Central to the role is developing an understanding of Marketing Company (MC) needs and future strategies in order to champion them within Operations to ensure they are appropriately addressed.
Whilst detailed level forecast and inventory reviews will still form part of the workload each month,
you will also support designated markets through the leadership of a monthly exceptions-based Business Review Meeting, drawing together the key issues for the market over the next few months and up to 24 months into the future.
Lead the Supply function for Saudi Arabia, Gulf & Pakistan to optimise business objectives, profitability and return on investment
Lead the supply elements of change programmes and projects, including market access and business development initiatives
Design and maintain a long-term supply strategy, covering new and in-line brands, for Saudi Arabia, Gulf & Pakistan aligned to the overall business strategy
Ensure successful delivery of these strategies through establishment & close tracking of relevant key performance indicators and timely and effective remediation of any deviations to plan or necessary adjustments to plan
Lead and further improve the Saudi Arabia, Gulf & Pakistan Integrated Business Planning process to meet shared business objectives and commit to outstanding demand forecasting
Lead the use of models, reports and forecasts to challenge and strengthen decision making processes
Optimise key relationships within the organisation, particularly across Commercial and Operations, to ensure relevant market intelligence is brought into Operations and key global supply initiatives are brought into commercial
Govern regional site performance to meet local and global requirements – eg inter-site OTIF, schedule adherence, inventory levels
Work in partnership with the business and specialist supply colleagues to ensure an environment of continued professional development is built; individual and team performance are managed effectively and appropriate resources are in place to deliver prioritised business objectives
Mentor and deliver effective performance from direct and indirect reports
Skills and experience
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Professional Qualification
- Senior strategic supply leadership
- Validated leadership skills, including ability to empower others to accomplish individual, team and organizational objectives
- Mastery of Supply with an ability to lead cross functional working groups and teams
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global and regional environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Validated negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal leadership skills
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking
- Ability to influence strategically and tactfully, to acquire desired outcome while maintaining effective, positive, organizational relationships
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
We welcome your application no later than Monday 23rd August
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Open Date: 09/08/2021
Close Date: 23/08/2021
- Salary £70000 - £85000