Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences
Salary: £33,977 – £35,641 per annum (pro rata)
Location: White City Campus
The Master’s Administrator is responsible for coordinating an effective and efficient service to the Master’s training programme in the Department of Chemistry. There are currently nine Master’s courses that run in the department, with a combined intake of ~150 students for the 2021/22 academic year, which generates a gross income of >£3M for the department.
This is a key supporting role in the departments postgraduate provision and you will need to be able to balance different workflows throughout the year supported by the research student manager and working with the MRes programmes Coordinator. The role includes supporting the delivery of the current Master’s courses, contributing to the implementation of new Master’s courses and ensuring our students are well supported throughout their time in the department. Imperial college offers many opportunities for staff development and the you will be encouraged to develop your skills in line with the post and their own career development.
Chemistry Master’s provision is expected to take place at mainly at our White City campus, but there will also be elements delivered at our South Kensington Campus.
Duties and responsibilities
Your duties and responsibilities as the Master’s Administrator will be:
- Maintaining student records to ensure student data remains up-to-date and is passed onto the relevant bodies meeting high standards of confidentiality and accuracy.
- Implementing and managing all aspects of the Master’s Programme in the Department of Chemistry, reporting to relevant staff throughout the college.
- You will manage administrative aspects of student research projects as a well as managing programme processes for the MRes provision.
- You will plan and lead events in the department including the final conference for the Master’s students which is an exciting departmental event at the end of the academic year.
- You will be responsible for coordinating processes relating to the day-to-day running of the Department of Chemistry’s Master’s Programme and to be the first point of contact for students and academics.
For the role of Master’s Administrator you will need:
- Previous experience in an educational environment.
- Experience in organising meetings, workshops, conferences, etc
- Excellent organisational, time-management, written and verbal skills
- Proven Numerical & Administrative skills.
- Relate with tact and discretion to people at all levels, from students to academics and industrial contacts.
- Ability to meet agreed timelines and targets and work under pressure. Proven ability to prioritise workload, adapting plans as requirements change.
This will be an open ended, part time (0.5FTE) position subject to progressing through the probationary period. You will be based at White City Campus with travel to South Kensington Campus as required.
To be considered for the role all applications must be submitted via the online application system.
We are hoping to hold the interviews for this position on Thursday the 9 December 2021.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Dr Mike Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date: 03/12/2021
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference NAT01040.