Make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives around the globe
Here you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives. With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines – for the world’s most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and shaping the patient ecosystem.
Who we are
A high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society and our company.
What we do
We are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
The Systems Medicine group is seeking a systems modelling scientist passionate about using mathematical modelling and computational sciences to develop mechanistic models of pharmacology and toxicology.
Working in a dynamic, environment the successful candidate will develop, calibrate and simulate Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP) and/or Toxicology (QST) models to integrate mechanistic knowledge and data on disease pathophysiology and drug pharmacology which can be linked with clinical outcomes.
This position is a great opportunity to contribute and gain experience in supporting drug development through modelling. The successful scientist will be working on a highly stimulating and collaborative environment with other modellers but also with biologists and clinicians.
- Build, expand or refine mathematical models to address drug-discovery and development questions
- Conduct literature reviews to identify suitable mechanistic elements, interactions, rate constants and existing models for incorporation into the modelling solution.
- Review, analyse and prepare available data for modelling purposes
- Test and participate to the adoption of existing or new modelling platforms
- Review modelling works with colleague, insuring high quality standards
- Stay informed with emerging literature and science in modelling and simulation sciences.
Primary skills and qualifications
- PhD or similar degree in chemical, mechanical or biomedical engineering, physics, applied mathematics, scientific computing or related field
- Hand-on knowledge of modelling with ODEs, Statistical and/or Machine Learning modelling, inference, model parametrization, model training and testing
- Experience with modelling and data analysis tools and languages such as R and Matlab or Python.
- Self-directed, independent and highly-motivated researcher who excels in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to learn new areas of biological sciences
- Desire to interact across teams
Preferred Skills And Qualifications (these would be a plus)
- Good understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Knowledge of models of biological pathways/systems to support translational and/or clinical research.
- Experience in linking QSP/QST models with drug pharmacokinetics to predict safe and efficacious doses
- Experience with specific population PK, PKPD and joint longitudinal modelling tools such as Monolix, NONMEM, Torsten, Nlmixr or IQRtool.
- Familiarity with the challenges of drug discovery and forward thinking with respect to the general application of mathematical models in discovery and development
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 16th December 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 16th January 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The position will be preferably located in one of the following sites (although remote working will also be considered for the right candidate):
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines.