The Rosalind Franklin Institute is a new national institute, funded by the UK government, dedicated to bringing about transformative changes in life science through interdisciplinary research and technology development.
We’re looking for students (doing any scientific subject) to work on incredible research which will cross a number of our current research themes in our one-of-a-kind fully funded PhD programme.
Our Themes include:
- Artificial Intelligence and Informatics
- Biological Mass Spectrometry
- Correlated Imaging
- Next Generation Chemistry
- Structural Biology
(We would especially welcome any candidate with demonstrable experience or interest in mass spectrometry or correlated imaging.)
- An enhanced, tax-free annual student stipend of £18,000 for 4 years
- Fully paid ‘home’ tuition fees for 4 years
- Access to our new Franklin research hub and beyond-state-of-the-art technologies
- Affiliate Student social membership with Pembroke College, University of Oxford
- Belonging to a cohort of PhD students, so you’re not on your own doing a single project
- Dedicated wellbeing and career support through the Training Coordinator
How To Apply
There is no need to create a CV for our application process, and to help you with your personal statement, we’ve provided this guidance document which we hope will be useful to you.
Please click the link below to start your application to us. We are assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply soon!
If you’re curious and would like to meet our scientists and ask questions, please register here to join our PhD Q&A session via Zoom on Tuesday 27th April at midday. We look forward to meeting you!
We look forward to reading about your skills, experiences and motivation in wanting to study with us.
- Salary 0 ~ £20,000
- Experience Level Junior
- Twitter Handle https://twitter.com/rosfrankinst?lang=en