New Technology Introduction Director (CDC)
Macclesfield, UK/Gothenburg/Gärtuna, Sweden
Make a positive impact, in a team where it means more.
We are driven by our commitment to deliver accelerated growth for AstraZeneca and to make people’s lives better. It pushes us to keep building on our foundations and progressing as we turn our ever-growing and increasingly complex pipeline from molecule to medicine. Be part of evolving how we work with Lean, cutting-edge science, digitalisation and sustainable practices.
We now have an exciting new opportunity for a New Technology Introduction Director (NTID) within our Pharmaceutical Technology and Development business area.
This opportunity will see you leading global transformation programs, to prepare new technologies for successful introduction into commercial operations.
You will be required to shape often high level risk program visions and ensure business requirements are effectively translated into implementable solutions.
We’ll need you to be accountable for program planning, management of resources and risk and lead teams which support the delivery of programs.
What you’ll do:
We’ll ask you to lead cross-functional program delivery (interconnected portfolio of projects) to establish new enterprise capability. This will involve being responsible for program budgets and resource allocation.
Through the provision of overall direction, leadership and decision-making to your team, you will be confident in identifying critical success factors across technology projects (in areas where limited knowledge exists in the company).
You’ll be proficient in business case creation with discernment derived from knowledge of commercialisation and supply.
Through the preparation of mitigation plans and reports risk issues, you’ll manage the strategic aspects of large projects.
We’ll expect you to define project resources, performance reviews and post implementation evaluations and review high-level results across your business area.
- In this specific NTID role you’ll be accountable for delivery of the new Continuous Direct Compression technology platform for oral solid dose products. It will involve leadership of a matrix team covering all aspects required for successful technology implementation to ensure robust supply of projects and future products. Notably you will ensure capital project execution, technical capability development and alignment with development and supply strategies.
- Ideally you’ll have experience from OSD Formulation, manufacturing, Development or Projects. Experience with manufacturing supply chain establishment would also be beneficial.
- Extensive experience in Project and Program leadership, including experience and awareness of Capital Project Execution.
- Ability to demonstrate change management skills, especially leading people through change.
- Ability to influence strategically and persuade considerately, to acquire desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive organisational relationships. We are looking for an engaging and confident communicator who is able to network optimally cross functionally and at all levels
- Knowledge of Drug project delivery (connecting pipeline needs to technology platforms – integrate plans)
- Educated to degree level or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline
Interested in this opportunity? Apply today!
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 10th January 2022.