Finance at AstraZeneca has a clear vision to become trusted partners, creating value and leading change. As such, Finance has a pivotal role to play in shaping our long-term financial health, partnering to deliver great results through insight, delivering excellence in financial operations and safeguarding AstraZeneca’s assets and reputation.
In Finance Transformation, we support this ambition by being trusted partners for change excellence and building long-term capabilities to make us future-fit. This is where you could come in. Working in Finance Transformation is fast-paced, dynamic and challenging. We are looking for people who want to seize the opportunity to take an exciting step in their personal development journey and play a fundamental part of delivering a world-class finance organisation.
This role supports the Performance Measurement Business Process Lead and Process Design Lead for a global manufacturing accounting project where the key objective is to improve and standardise the end-to-end manufacturing accounting processes, delivering more granular cost performance reporting and insights to enable better decision-making. This includes new perspectives on management reporting for Operations, including new reports and tooling, introducing industry standard terminology and crucially driving a mindset change to a self-service analytical model across our manufacturing sites. The full set of processes covered within this project are Standard Product Costing, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Performance Measurement, split across SPC (Standard Product Costing) and APC (Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Performance Measurement).
The Process Design Manager will support the Process Design Lead in designing and supporting the deployment of AstraZeneca Operations’ new global functional global processes, standards and policies. In addition you will be getting significant exposure to other process areas (ensuring that we have a cohesive end-to-end solution). Driving what is right and not just what is easy, is a fundamental approach we are taking across all process areas.
This role will require an understanding across Standard Product Costing, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Performance Measurement as well as some knowledge of manufacturing processes. The role requires liaising with other process areas and workstreams across the project and with the end users of the solutions, providing insights and guidance to ensure successful delivery of the target outcomes.
In this role you will:
- Support in the development and implementation of standardised best practise led global performance reports and processes delivering efficiency and effectiveness, including defining and running workshops, capturing outputs and interpreting to ensure clear requirements are defined
- Support embedded finance teams and GFS (finance shared service) teams in adapting globally standardised performance reports from a Global, Regional, Local and below site perspective
- Support the Business Process Lead and Process Design Lead in driving the adoption of the solution, challenging, analysing and approving deviations or localisation only where there is valid justification driven by business criticality or statutory requirements
- Contribute to the definition of the SAP BW and MicroStrategy solutions, based on defined requirements ensuring the end deliverable meets the requirements laid out by the Design team
- Support in the development and implementation of global policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), KPIs and month-end-close processes SLA’s in accordance with:
- International Accounting Standards
- AZ internal policies and guidelines
- Industry best practise
- Support the development of global standardised reports and lead on providing knowledge transfer and training to end users on interpreting reports
- Contribute into required master data definitions, usage and policies – including analysis of business scenarios and their impact on master data
- Support UAT and validation of test results, including analysis to support defect resolution
Essential Skills and Experience
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Experience of performance measurement, reporting and analytics and best practices within the Pharma industry
- Strong hands on experience of reporting tooling e.g. MicroStrategy, BW on HANA, PowerBI including providing functional expertise, hands-on delivery, customization, guidance, presentation, and instruction
- Strong ability to build models to reconcile and prove out report integrity using appropriate tools e.g. Excel, Access, SQL where required (dependent on data volumes)
- An understanding of the importance of business change in adoption of new technologies and analytical capabilities
- Knowledge of performance measurement process design and relevant controls
- Able to support process area leads in stakeholder and design workshops to drive design decisions, solutioning and system demonstration, including defining, drafting, facilitating and gathering outputs for workshops
- Some accounting knowledge to be able to verify report integrity
- Experience of reporting tooling full implementation project lifecycles (from a functional perspective), preferably from scoping and planning through to post go live support
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Chartered accountancy qualification
- Significant work experience in supply chain finance
- Prior experience and knowledge of SAP, SAP BW and BW on HANA, reporting / analytics tooling functional capabilities as well as business processes and industry best practises
- Prepare configuration & other design documents (User Requirement Specification, Functional specification, Solution design document)
Competitive salary and benefits apply
- Salary £55000 - £65000
- Salary Per annum