Pilot Plant Technician, Drug Substance Manufacture Pilot Plant – Macclesfield
Competitive salary and benefits.
Opening date 20/05/2021.
Closing date 17/08/2021.
Would you like to apply your expertise, to impact Manufacturing in a company that follows the science, and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being results-oriented, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We want people who are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do. If so, then you’re our kind of person.
Macclesfield is one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a phenomenal environment, where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
Pharmaceutical Technology and Development (PT&D) are the bridge that turns forward-thinking science, into actual medicines that help millions of people. We work across the entire value chain, crafting and delivering active ingredients, formulations and devices required to support new medicines – from supplies for use in early toxicology studies and clinical trials to developing the technology to ensure drugs can be scaled up for commercial manufacture.
Drug Substance Manufacture (DSM) is responsible for the internal manufacture of Drug Substance for formulation development, pre-clinical and clinical development studies. Our 5 Pilot Plant facilities are used to generate key scale-up learning and technology understanding for API development. We also support the rapid development of commercial processes by flexible accommodation processes and experimentation at scale. DSM is part of the Clinical Manufacturing and Supply function within Pharmaceutical & Technology Development, Operations.
The pilot plant operations team, working a 24/5 shift pattern, you’ll work through the completion of multi-stage manufacturing processes in compliance with AstraZeneca, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) & SHE standards. You will be responsible for supporting the satisfactory resolution of issues during the shift, and will provide the skills / knowledge to effectively offer real time advice plus technical mentorship to the operating team in order to achieve this goal.
You’ll be an active member of the shift team in terms of the execution of the API manufacturing processes e.g. operating plant, material movements and performing in-process analysis. We’ll expect you to work with other Pilot Plant operational teams, Project Managers, Engineering support, Process Chemists, Process Engineers and Plant Co-Ordinator’s.
- Operate Pilot Plant and support technical issues that arise
- Execute batch sheet instructions and record their completion to GMP standards.
- Working effectively as part of the team to ensure that good communication is maintained across the various teams and shifts
- Provide technical support in project accommodation activities
- Supporting problem solving activities to resolve equipment/product quality issues.
- A-levels in a Science, Technology or Math’s field or equivalent
- Experience working within a SHE and GMP controlled manufacturing environment with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Technical and/or engineering capabilities
- Experience of Manufacturing Excellence/Lean ways of working including problem solving and continuous improvement techniques.
Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, ground breaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
If you are interested, Come and join our journey!