Portfolio Management Lead
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society.
In Operations we have a big ambition – to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably.
As a member of the Liverpool Site Program Management Office (PMO) team, you will provide portfolio and project management leadership to projects, mentoring and leadership to project managers, and support the PMO with portfolio analytics.
We’ll look to you to work closely with the other members of the team to ensure we are working on the right projects at the right time, ensuring on-budget timely delivery in adherence with quality and compliance standards.
You’ll lead the Continuous Improvement of Project Management tools, templates, processes and methodology and will collaborate closely with the site’s Functional PMOs to share and integrate standard ways of working.
You will also provide focused and targeted portfolio insights, analyses and recommendations that inform portfolio direction setting, decision-making and prioritization of investments in line with short, medium and long-term Site strategy to drive business growth.
Line management of the PMO Team, responsible for establishing, mentoring and leading a highly effective team of experienced project managers. Identify Project Management staffing demand and skills required to support the portfolio of Site Projects.
Find opportunities for continuous improvement related to Project management metrics and key performance indicators, and the impacts that will have on the project teams and the portfolio.
Ensure alignment of processes with Finance and PMO networks, looking to simplify and standardise where appropriate.
Project Management Delivery
Manage and deliver Speke Site Projects utilising the PMO project methodology, tools and processes, to meet agreed scopes, timelines, results, budgets, resource estimates, and success criteria.
Collaborate with key business partners and ensure that business requirements are effectively gathered and the impact of project/programmes are understood by the business
Build and lead project teams, communicating roles and responsibilities whilst encouraging teamwork and collaboration amongst the team and business partners
Apply highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in project management, project planning, budgets, risk management and methodologies to enable effective portfolio management and decision making
Identify and drive resolution of risks, manage the project budget and ensures escalation of cost changes
Portfolio Management & Analytics
Deliver analyses and scenario planning options that contextualize and support governance decision-making.
Partner with Project Sponsors and business owners to support project initiation, business case preparation and governance review forums to enable a consistent approach to portfolio review and optimization
Certify that candidate projects meet the correct business case standards
Support the consistent use of portfolio management practices as related to governance, resource capacity management and utilization/leveraging of project planning & portfolio systems
Deliver a full and integrated suite of portfolio reports, analyses and communications that collectively track status versus business goals, portfolio progress and efficiency. Support stakeholder reporting activities
Essential Skills & Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field (or equivalent)
* Project Management with an ability to lead cross functional working groups
* Experience of applying financial and business acumen
* Proven leadership experience of promoting, motivating and empowering others to accomplish individual, team and organizational objectives
* Significant understanding and proven use of the project & portfolio management process & tools (e.g.MSP)
* Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global and regional environment
* Experience in manufacturing operations
* Change Management
* Strong communication and relationship building skills
* Strong networking/consulting skills with good internal/external connections of project management professionals
* Proven track record in delivering high business impacting programme/projects
* Experience of managing and controlling budget
* Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
* Experience of working in a matrix organisation with complex context
* Advanced knowledge of Portfolio Management tools/systems
Please be aware that this is an office based role.
Interested? Come and join us on our journey!
We welcome your application no later than midnight Thursday 5th August
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Open Date: 22/07/2021
Close Date: 05/08/2021
- Salary £70000 - £80000