At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As a Project Finance Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Part of a dynamic, business facing finance group, you will support the business with investment decisions to progress the pipeline, management of development costs and support of key portfolio and post deal management processes.
- As a member of several Early Product Teams, provide financial advice, support and challenge and act as the single point of contact for the Finance queries.
- Provide proactive and innovative financial analysis and scenario modelling to support teams in assessing the cost and value impact of critical project decisions, including clinical trial design and cost,
- Ensure that all investment decisions have an internally consistent, robust financial case supporting them.
- Provide input to all governance body papers (e.g. Early Stage Portfolio Committee), leading the preparation of the financial sections
- Ensure senior Finance leaders are appropriately briefed ahead of key decision points
- Deliver Post Deal Management Finance support for any external agreements in the brand area. This includes understanding and managing AZ financial rights and obligations, communicating this insight to relevant project/function management and to finance departments located in the regional hubs and other SET areas.
- Work with the TA Finance Business Partner Lead to monitor the value of R&D spend and assess the impact of any key changes to project development assumptions and key deviations from plan.
- Supporting the month close analysis and preparation of the quarterly forecast process with up to date asset valuations and forecasts
- Undertake ad hoc project work to assist in the improvement of Project Finance team working practices.
Education and Experience
4-5 years of proven track record in forecasting, financial modelling or decision analysis required. Bachelor’s degree required. An accounting qualification is an advantage.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive analysis and able to communicate a perspective on business results
- Solution driven and able to present multiple scenarios for a given task
- The interpersonal skills to work with senior stakeholders within and outside Finance
- Demonstrated knowledge of global business context
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a complex, global environment while appreciating and respecting cultural and organizational diversity
- Organizational agility — builds consensus through formal and informal channels and relationships; organizationally savvy
- Customer focus — dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Strong knowledge of financial modelling and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Intellectual and analytical capabilities — deals exceptionally well with developing concepts and initiatives, complexity, ambiguity and multiple priorities
- Strong bias for action and results
- Integrity and trust — unwavering commitment to “doing the right thing”
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial – finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us while we continue to build a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we are developing new ways to work, ground breaking methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our team!
Opening date 24/09/2021
Closing date 22/10/2021
Competitive salary and benefits apply
- Salary £60000 - £75000
- Salary Per annum