Would you like to apply your expertise to impact Quality Control in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
We now have an outstanding opportunity for a Quality Control (QC) Group Leader to become an active member of the site Quality Assurance (QA) Leadership Team and QC Global Network.
Join the team where everyone feels a personal connection to the people that we impact. From our science labs to manufacturing at scale, we are committed to delivering at the highest quality.
Be part of shaping the next phase of Operations’ journey towards the 2025 strategy. Build on our foundations of high performance through agility, responsiveness, reliability and efficiency to deliver our new modalities and complex pipeline to market at speed.
Proactive, science-based, and solutions-oriented, it’s our ambition to go far that keeps pushing us forward. But it’s our pragmatic focus that keeps us delivering what will have the biggest impact on our patients.
What you’ll do:
We’ll support you in leading an extended multi-disciplinary team (circa 150 in total) within Quality Control. You’ll hold responsibility for the overall performance of all processes within the boundaries of the laboratory operation’s control.
Quality Control includes testing, material and asset utilisation, support, and inventory in process as supplied to the next supply chain customer under Vendor Managed Inventory. Customers will be both Site and Global Supply Chain & Quality.
We’ll give you the responsibility to act as a Qualified Person (QP) on the Site Manufacturing License.
As part of the Quality Leadership Team, you will be encouraged to actively participate in QA and QC strategic planning.
We’ll need you to ensure that ethical conduct & compliance, budget & financial controls, the maintenance of licenses to operate and management of relationships with key partners are handled optimally.
You will provide GLP advice to the Site production units, Quality Assurance and support functions.
- QP Qualified (or trainee QP) eligible to act as a Qualified Person.
- Degree qualified in Chemistry/Pharmacy or related subjects.
- A detailed knowledge of global cGMP, cGLP and regulatory requirements.
- Experience of dealing with FDA, MHRA and other regulatory authorities.
- Confident in decision making, judgement and risk management underpinned by objective use of data and science.
- Ability to deal with complexity and uncertainty.
- Ability to collaborate across global functions and to actively engage and connect with staff at all levels.
- Ability to provide strong engaging leadership to develop highly effective teams.
- A knowledge and experience of the application of Lean and 6 sigma practices in QC laboratories is desired.
Competitive Salary & Benefits Offered.
Closing Date: Midnight 31/03/2021
If you are already imagining yourself joining our team, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
- Salary 60000-61000