Regional Healthcare Manager 12 month Secondment
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Patient and Market Access? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the lives of patients, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
We are on a journey to bring life-saving medicines to patients. Our role in contributing to decreasing mortality rates globally is clear – shaping the future by spotting a scientifically-led commercial opportunity and acting now to operationalise and scale it. Driven by the solutions we bring to the healthcare ecosystem. It powers us to make an impact at every step of the patient journey – to improve their experience and outcome.
Our UK Marketing Company (AZUK) is responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you’ll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca’s corporate functions and our European and International regions’ sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
It has been agreed that AZUK head office will move from Luton to Pancras Square, London in early 2022. Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. The move will bring the UK Marketing Company closer to customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AZUK footprint.
What you’ll do
- Deliver regional guidelines changes, and maintain a positive environment for AstraZeneca Medicines within pre-defined accounts (including APC/STP/ICS/Health Board and other influencing bodies)
- Deliver targeted clinical practice change partnerships and programs, ensure pull-through, working closely with local cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate impact of these partnerships and programs in terms of improved outcomes, market growth & market share
- Understand and adapts to the Regional NHS environment, lead the regional thinking on the implementation of the NHS short and long-term plan to deliver on AZ business strategies and goals
- Deliver regional budget (volume/ market share objective)
- Achieve Market Access at defined account level, supporting Patient access and practice change at a local level
- Effective business to business selling based on payer value proposition to support practice change at scale
- Develop and maintain Regional account plans as part of the Regional Leadership team
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with key stakeholders (Commercial Payors, Clinical payors , Commissioners) to optimise regional access environment
- Develop clinical and strategic NHS advocacy, delivering short, medium, and long-term goals
- Implement commercial and project-based offerings as required by the business
- Ensure compliance with all AZ governance policies and adherence to ABPI Code of Practice
Essential for the role
- Degree level of NHS qualification
- Full driving license
- NHS knowledge
- Emotional Intelligence
- Project Management
- Business Acumen
- Account Management
- Business to Business selling
- In depth knowledge and success of winning formularies and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of NHS environment, including policies, stakeholders, processes and money flows
- Strategic working in partnership with NHS accounts to deliver projects of value
Desirable for the role
- ABPI qualification
- Demonstrate NHS knowledge
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Closing date: 19th November 2021
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
- Salary £59999 - £60000
- Salary Per annum