Regional Lean Coach
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Diverse Minds. Bold Disruptors. Meaningful Impact.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
We now have a new opportunity for a Regional Lean Coach supporting the Biologics region with immediate focus within Vaccines that will craft the Lean approach. We’ll ask you to deliver business results, whilst aligning to the strategic direction of the Business Lean Programme. We’ll expect you to provide specialist support and leadership to global, functional, site implementation, as well as the external supply base.
Having experience within a dedicated Lean role, you’ll be able to demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of Lean principles, processes, tools, behaviours & leadership. You’ll also have an understanding of how Lean principles, systems and tools are applied to the business, as well as functional experience in one or more areas.
Day to day tasks may include:
- As a Regional Lean Coach you will support the setting and execution of the lean strategy and improvement programmes within Biologics and at identified external suppliers working within the AZ commercial supply chain.
- This role translates Lean knowledge and experience into business opportunities that adds value (improved productivity, variability & visibility) and reduce waste.
- Mentor Regional/Functional/Site & External Leadership teams to develop strategic and annual Lean plans that deliver required uplift in Lean maturity and business value whilst ensuing alignment to Global /Regional direction.
- Mentor to develop effective scorecard, policy deployment and PDCA review process to drive execution, taking shared accountability for benefit delivery.
- Acting as a Lean inspiration to others, a champion for Lean and a senior Lean role within the Region/Function/Site ensuring Lean embedded into all that is done.
- A member of Biologics Regional Lean Network Working alongside Lean CoE to develop and steer AZ Lean strategy to deliver the required goals.
- Provide vital coaching and deliver/arrange Lean training as the need arises to ensure colleagues build and maintain the required levels of Lean competence. Mentor to emerging Lean specialists.
- Participate in Lean strategic workforce plan ensuring that the necessary capacity, capability and succession planning is in place for deployed Global, Functional or site Lean resources
- Business Process owner (BPO) responsible for the strategic direction and development of a Lean Process to ensure the process continues to support business requirements and aligns to external standard methodology.
- Ensure Region/Function or site aligns to AZ Supply System (AZSS) standards through process confirmation
- Lead Lean Maturity Review (LMR) peer and self-assessment to support Lean direction and prioritisation.
- Exploit Internal and external benchmarking to inform quality of Lean plans.
- Represent AZ externally, acting as a brand ambassador and for AZ as a phenomenal place to work.
- Educated to undergraduate degree level or higher in a Manufacturing, Engineering or related technical/business field.
- Demonstrates proven experience in Lean/Six Sigma projects and programs.
- Expertise in process & project management.
- A track record of delivering business impact and change.
- Experience of the application of Lean to improve sophisticated end to end supply chains and value streams
- Experience of working collaboratively with cross functional teams and building key networks across functions, regions and sites.
- Interacting with all levels of the business (shop floor to senior leader) & understanding of multi-site challenges and how Lean principles support & drive continuous improvement
- Six Sigma (or Lean Six Sigma) Black Belt certification and/or certification from an accredited external Quality program
- Expertise in the application of analytical problem solving methodology
- Understanding of Good Automated Manufacturing Practice, current Good Manufacturing Practice and GxP regulations as defined by local regulatory bodies.
- In depth knowledge of Lean standard methodology from the external world and other related industries.
- Experienced in change management.
Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation, to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, ground-breaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Interested? Come and join our journey! We welcome applications from 29/09/2021 to 16/07/2021