Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve.
Who we are
A high performing team, we are united and motivated by our shared purpose – to deliver life-changing medicines. We come to work each day to make a difference – to patients, society and our company.
What we do
We are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and our innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Why we love it
This is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise.
The Senior Director, Strategic In/Out Sourcing will report into the Global Head of Business Planning and Operations (BPO), and his/her primary responsibility will be overseeing and managing in/out sourcing in CPSS.
This role will be a member of the BPO Leadership Team and a key contact for CPSS operations, including developing the in/out sourcing strategy and building and maintaining relationships with key CRO partners.
· Accountable for developing and implementing CPSS sourcing strategy, working with CPSS Leadership Team and senior leaders on identifying appropriate opportunities (internal/external)
· Together with scientific project team leaders, define Scope of Work for studies to be outsourced
· Maintain CRO database with assessment of CRO capabilities and capacities
· Select CROs based on meeting the best decision criteria. This includes overseeing the RFP and vendor qualification and onboarding
· Accountable for contract set up and documentation with CROs. Also accountable for POs are raised in time and invoices are paid on time
· Accountable for developing and managing vendor oversight plans, such as regular project meetings, business review meetings and issue escalation pathway
· Forms Executive Steering Team and delegate to Operational Steering Team
· Build and maintain relationships with alliances and CRO governance
· Accountable for delivering and project management of in/outsourced studies on time/budget
· Develops CRO assessment and metrics to evolve to the true alliance and partnership model
· Maintain knowledge of GxP regulatory requirements (FDA and OECD), current industry trends, standards and methodologies as it relates to GxP regulated activities. Oversee our adherence to GxP expectations.
· Creates a centre of excellence for best practice and learnings in in/out sourcing and project management
· Manage individual and team performance, budget, resources and talent development
Essential qualifications and experience:
· Degree in Life Sciences or Business.
· Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
· Experience of outsourcing/working with CROs
· Understanding of R&D processes
· Stakeholder management in the matrix organisation
· Influencing and interpersonal skills
· Leadership skills
· Analytical thinking
· Communication skills
· Experience of bioanalysis outsourcing
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Advertising opens on 30th November 2021 and we welcome with your application; CV and cover letter, no later than 15th December 2021
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Company Values & Behaviors underpin everything we do so please take a moment to familiarize yourself with them. You may also want to check out our new R&D Video showing how we turn Science into Medicines. Covid-19 Resources
More information about our sites: