The Department of Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate teaching office is looking for a senior administrator to join their fast-paced team. Responsible for the smooth running of the department’s excellent taught programmes, the undergraduate team are the front-line support for students and teaching staff alike and are integral to enhancing the experience of our students.
With an intake of around 180 students per year, our MEng course is delivered by around 50 Academic and Teaching staff, plus hands-on technical workshop staff. The course comprises of two years of core subjects covering the full breadth of Mechanical Engineering topics, followed by two years where students can specialise their modules according to their interests. This variety and ability to specialise is enabled and strengthened by the world-leading research taking place in the department.
In addition to supporting the admissions, teaching and exams processes, this role is key in ensuring the positive experience of our students. Working with the Student Experience Manager and Student reps, the postholder will have the opportunity to impact the student journey from application to graduation.
We reserve the right to close the advert prior to the closing date stated should we received a high number of applications. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will be a core member of the Undergraduate administrative team, offering front-facing support to students and teaching staff.
- You will be specifically supporting the admissions and exam processes, with the responsibility of coordinating duties amongst the existing team.
- You will promote a positive culture and student experience through the organisation of events, ensuring that learning platforms are maintained and participating in student-staff committees.
- Experience in a customer facing and fast paced environment is essential.
- You must have an understanding of the stresses facing students in the present day.
- You should have some experience in using and developing virtual learning environments (e.g. Blackboard)
- Experience of administrative work, and an understanding of data protection is vital for this role.
Full information about the role can be found in the job description.
This is an open-ended position.
Queries relating to the position should be directed to Josie Howard at .
To apply, please click “APPLY NOW” to go through to the online application form. Should you have any queries regarding the application process please contact ME-.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
- Salary £39309 - £52156
- Salary Per annum