Salary: £39,309 to £48,226
This is a fixed term position up to 24 months in the first instance
The Mechanics of Materials Division wishes to appoint a Manager to look after SmartForming Research base at Imperial College London.
The Metal Forming and Modelling group covers a wide range of activities in theoretical, experimental and computational solid mechanics and materials research. The Group has significant contribution in the development of new forming technologies and novel modelling methods, pioneered by Professor Jianguo Lin FREng.
The head of The Metal Forming and Modelling group is Dr Liliang Wang. Within the group, the Metal Forming research area addresses the development of advanced metal forming processes to manufacture light weight structural components with complex shapes and high strength. The Modelling research area addresses fundamental problems involving the evolution of defects, damage and microstructure, and their effects on material deformation behaviour for a wide range of applications, many of relevance to metal forming industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the research base and communications with academic staff, sponsor and potential collaborators.
- You will communicate with researchers working in the research base and support/supervise their research activities.
- You will be required to provide training to colleagues and students within the research base as necessary.
Skills, knowledge and experience
To be considered for this role you must:
- hold, or be close to completing, a BSc (BEng) or MSc (MEng) degree in a relevant area (e.g. Materials or Mechanical engineering) or demonstrate that you have equivalent experience;
- have a good undergraduate or master’s degree;
- demonstrate strong track record and experience in managing international research labs and large research centres, as witnessed by research funding;
- demonstrate strong experience in research and research supervision, as witnessed by scientific publications;
- good communication skills in both Chinese and English.
How To Apply
Our preferred method of application is via our website. Please visit our website using the provided link for more information about the post and the application process