Steriles Plant Manager
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Do you have expertise in, and passion for sterile manufacturing? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
Here you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives. With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines – for the world’s most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and shaping the patient ecosystem.
Be part of shaping the next phase of Operations’ journey towards the 2025 strategy. Build on our foundations of high performance through agility, responsiveness, reliability and efficiency to deliver our new modalities and complex pipeline to market at speed. Backed by a supportive team, be part of accelerating our operational excellence with innovations in cutting-edge science, Lean ways of working and fast changing digital technologies.
In Operations, we have a big ambition – to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out of the box thinking.
With investment of $280 million in a new sterile manufacturing facility, we believe this is an outstanding opportunity for a Steriles Plant Manager to join UK Operations. As a newly created position, you will be instrumental in taking the facility through commissioning, validation and into beneficial operation. As a strong leader, this will involve collaborating with colleagues to recruit, train and prepare a robust team to successfully launch the facility.
What you’ll do
You’ll have proven sterile pharmaceutical manufacturing experience and evidence of embedding significant change. We’ll support you to shape and lead a large team (circa 100 people) to deliver breakthrough results and transformational performance in a fast-paced environment.
With experience of working within an automated or digital manufacturing environment you will contribute to the introduction of new technology alongside our technical team.
You will role model standard methodology sharing and adoption across the enterprise. We’ll need you to drive Lean Leadership, standardisation, simplification and to build and follow standards with rigour whilst being creative and innovative.
We’ll expect you to act as an integral member of the leadership team providing leadership & drive within Tier process & Councils as well as have strong connections to key members of the site leadership team.
Due to your sterile background you’ll be aware of GMP changes under Annex 1 and able to support the introduction of related changes.
- Significant experience of leading large multi skilled teams through change
- Some sterile manufacturing experience is essential
- A degree or equivalent in a science or engineering field and experience of working in a GMP environment.
- Experienced in managing and delivering capital and revenue budgets to target
- Experienced in project execution and Six Sigma / Lean manufacturing initiatives. A lean/ manufacturing excellence qualification (belt) would be beneficial.
- Independent in development and delivery of strategy
- Experience of regulatory inspections would be beneficial
- Experience working in a unionised environment would be beneficial
- With an agile mind set you will demonstrate resilience when faced with uncertainty
- Experience of launching a start up facility would be beneficial
Pioneer a new future to meet global healthcare challenges
So, what next…
If you are excited by this unique opportunity, apply today!
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en