Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Supply Chain? Do you identify yourself as a person that likes to build, maintain and develop customer relations? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An expansive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
We are now looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join our Global External Sourcing (GES) team. Please note that this is a 12 month fixed term contract based in Macclesfield, UK.
GES is accountable for sourcing and supply of externally manufactured products into the AstraZeneca network. We support AstraZeneca’s Operations strategy by establishing supply chains and leading 200 suppliers across 40 countries.
If you enjoy working on a complex variety of activities, then this is the place for you! Try your hand at data collection and analysis, supply chain strategies, forecasting orders to meet demands and optimising operational resources.
What you’ll do
The post holder will have the operational responsibility for supply from one or more suppliers and the associated customers. We are a global team, working in a high-paced environment, with strong focus on cross-functional collaboration.
The key to success is communication, and a drive to build, maintain and develop customer relations. You will be given authority to make decisions to ensure timely supply of product and lead in continuous improvement of business processes.
Responsibilities will include
- Coordinate supply of products, in alignment with our customer’s demand and agreed stock levels
- Process customer orders, raising purchase orders and receipting stock on delivery from suppliers
- Act as the primary point of contact with suppliers/customers regarding demand, supplier’s ability to meet demand and day-to-day delivery plan
Essential for the role
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Some experience in defining new processes and seeking to continuously improve existing processes
- Flexibility in being able to lead challenging priorities
Desirable for the role
- A degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences or Engineering is preferred, or equivalent in experience
- Experience in participating in the S&OP process
- Supply chain experience
- SAP ERP (MRP) knowledge
AstraZeneca is at an exciting time of new products and launches. We get to work with innovative and scientific products on our leading-edge end to end supply chain, using the latest technologies and modern facilities.
As a global business in stable growth there are long-term opportunities and multiple pathways to take, from setting up systems and processes to developing technical skills and knowledge. And we do it with a real sense of team spirit, pushing and encouraging each other to achieve our best.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Competitive salary and benefits
Applications are open from 10th to 24th May 2021
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram