The Grantham Institute for Climate Change, Faculty of Natural Sciences
Salary: £33,977 – £38,360 per annum
Location: South Kensington Campus
The Grantham Institute – Climate Change and the Environment is seeking to recruit a Taught Programmes Coordinator to join the Education team and support its growing programmes portfolio. Our team is responsible for organising a variety of PhD, Masters and Undergraduate programmes, delivering training on climate change and the environment.
The job offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to a professional, busy and friendly team. Your role will be to coordinate a range of Grantham Institute courses and initiatives. This will include the new Masters in Climate Change, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, to be based at the Royal Institution with the Centre for Climate Change Innovation (CCCI), which seeks to increase the pipeline of innovative cleantech businesses in London and focusses on supporting new start-ups with teams and ideas who have high growth and impact potential. Other programmes that you will be engaged with will include the expanding Masters in Climate Change, Management and Finance (CCMF), Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC), Small Private Online Courses (SPOC), an Executive Education Programme, and special projects
You will be responsible for the day-to-day organisation of the programmes and the associated administrative duties and communications.
Duties and responsibilities
In the role, you will:
- Work with course management teams to establish, coordinate, manage and deliver the Grantham Institute education programmes and day-to-day student procedures.
- Work with students to resolve issues and queries and provide guidance and advice.
- Manage student communications and events. This will include working with the larger team to handle and promote activities, such as workshops, seminars, and networking activities.
- Be responsible for administrative duties linked to taught programmes, including setting up processes and templates, providing reports, reviewing data, and identifying improvements to the programmes.
- Monitor taught programmes budgets, reviewing regularly.
- Significant experience of administration in Higher Education, particularly in programme administration, student administration or outreach and communication.
- Creation and management of systems to track and store programme related data and to produce reports
- Ability to manage a busy workload, prioritise and manage own time effectively.
- Practical knowledge of managing or coordinating multiple projects, activities or events to time and to budget.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to relate effectively with others at different levels.
This role is full-time and fixed term for 2 years, with the possibility of extension. You will be based across South Kensington Campus, the Royal Institution and White City Campus.
Please note that part-time applications will also be considered.
You may be required to work out of office hours occasionally.
If you are thinking about applying for this job and want to discuss it further, please contact Anne Houston firstname.lastname@example.org
For tips on how to submit a successful application visit the Grantham website.
To apply please complete an online application.
Closing date: 08/06/2022